Chapter 29 - Muted

Start from the beginning

Carter's touches were just lust. There was no love, nor care. Which is why I broke away after about a minute, when I thought he was satisfied. He rolled off of me and got under the covers with me. I turned my back to him, hugging myself and frozen. I had betrayed myself and Tristan. How could I do this?

Scar, stop blaming yourself, this wasn't your fault. Tristan's voice said in my head. I nearly gasped but stopped when I realized Carter was here. My heart did a leap and was beating fast.

It was, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to kiss him, he made me. He forced me to.

You had no other choice, I don't blame you.

Tristan, are you okay?

I'm fine, how are you?

Not very good.

I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you Scar, but I can't fight him because my human is too weak and so is my wolf.

I know, I understand.

I'll see you in school, okay?

Okay.

I love you.

I love you too.

Bye.

I snapped back to reality as I heard Carter's snoring beside me. Oh, it was night already? I glanced at the window and saw that no sunlight was visible. I guess so. As soon as I knew he was asleep, I started to cry silently, I couldn't stop. I curled up into a ball and cried into my knees. What did everyone want from me?

The only person I wanted to be with was Tristan, I felt betrayed by my own mother who won't believe a word I say, Carter, who changed from a good, supportive friend, to a monstrous creature, Andrew, who is playing with mom's heart and manipulating her feelings and thoughts into thinking Tristan was a bad person.

I hate the world.

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

I woke up and saw that Carter was still asleep next to me. I got up silently, wiped my tears and opened my closet. I grabbed the first bra, shirt and trousers I could find and covered my chest with them as I reached for the door.

"Where are you going?" he demanded.

"I-I'm going to change." I said quietly, closing my eyes and praying that he'll actually let me do that.

"Well, you're changing in here."

"Why?" I asked, still not turning around.

"Because I want to watch." he replied simply.

What a disgusting man. I clenched my teeth in anger and sat on the edge of the bed. I was so, so furious that I stayed in silence as I changed my clothes. I finished and got up to leave when he wrapped an arm around my waist and made me sit on his lap.

"By the way," he said against my neck. "I have some rules."

"What are they?" I asked through a wall of clenched teeth.

"Everyday, you will go to school with me. You will stick with me throughout the day, you will not talk to any one of your friends and you will stay away from that psycho Tristan. You will not tell anyone what's going on between us and you will make excuses for any cuts, scars, bruises or redness on your skin." he didn't stop. "You will listen to every word I say, let me do whatever I want, and be back home before 6 or I will hurt Tristan. Is that clear?"