14: Use of Magic

Eren stares with eyes wide at the red-haired figure. Her one eye stares back, just as stunned as the brunet. Who would have thought that these two mages would be reunited once more? Especially under these circumstances. After all the trouble the one-eyed witch has caused Eren, the boy has half a mind to roast her alive. It's because of this feral sorceress that Eren underwent a shocking transformation that lead him to almost be killed by his best friend. All of the events beforehand was caused by the maniac witch in front of him.

The anger that lights inside Eren's chest is like a wave that's crushing over him. It's pure and raw and wanting to expel itself right into the witch. Eren can feel the power rising in his fists. He could easily take the woman out. All it would take is the right spell, the right amount of force, and right now Eren is brimming with a fiery energy. He glares hard at Erza Scarlet, the cause for a whole string of messes. The one thing that Eren wishes he had the ability to do is string her up and punish her for what she's done, but deep in his heart he knows he isn't that sort of man.

"Erza," Eren takes a step forward to initiate a friendly approach. That idea is thrown off of the castle tower as Erza immediately pushes Eren off of his feet. An invisible force lifts the male mage into the air and shoves Eren into the closest tree. His head smacks the trunk with a harsh thud and for a moment, everything around Eren becomes distorted. He takes a step but the world turns and he slips onto the ground with a hard grunt. Hands force themselves into the dirt as he hauls himself back to his feet.

Eren looks up at the offending sorceress. Erza stares back.

Immediately she begins running. She sprints as fast as she can to get away from Eren. The boy, stunned at her desperate action, has no strength in his limbs to follow. She's getting away! The further she goes, the further his book goes as well. Growling in determination, Eren turns and heads back towards the camp, arms heavy and back aching from the force of being hit by a wooden pillar. Eren loves nature, but geez, why did trees have to be so damn hard?!

Wasting as little time as possible, Eren charges for his horse. The Prince stands there stroking the nose of his own black beauty. The raven-haired man looks towards Eren with a raised eyebrow. Levi is then stunned as Eren shoves him out the way - him, the gosh darn Prince of Maria! - in favour of jumping into the saddle of his horse.

"Eren, what the hell has gotten into you?!"

Eren replies with a crack of the reins, and instantly the servant runs off atop his horse, heading quickly in a northern-westerly direction, the opposite to the direction they've been travelling all this time.

"EREN!" Levi shouts after him, his own voice reverberating inside his poor, aching head. "Ah, shit... what is that brat up to?"

The more Levi wonders on what caused Eren's strange behaviour, the more the man deems it necessary to take his own horse out onto the field. His servant just ran off from him, and unless Eren wants an early death, there must be reason to the strange behaviour. Levi follows the trail Eren leaves in his frantic attempt to pick up as much speed as possible. The black beauty Levi controls works furiously to catch up with the chestnut's behind, occupied by Levi's infuriating manservant.

Hooves leave heavy imprints on the softened earth below, and as Levi quickly gains speed thanks to his palace traind horse, soon Levi is seeing level with Eren.

"Where are you going?!" Levi shouts over the cluttering thumps of their horses. Eren doesn't even look at him as he grips the reins tightly, eyes glaring down the road ahead. Nothing appears to be in sight.

Eren spares Levi the briefest of glances at one particular moment. Levi gasps as a falling branch from the foliage above descends down on him, coming at full speed. His heart races as flashes of his life come into view.