10: The Journey For Love

This is a time where Eren had hoped that the old and wise physician, Hange Zöe, would be able to provide Eren with an answer to fix all messes. Instead the woman had given him the last of the transformation potion and asked the boy to let Levi down once and for all. Elise needs to give him a straight answer, she had told him. Let him down easy, and when all is said and done, for Eren to take him to a whore house to let off some steam. This whole entire scheme screams alarm bells. There's so many flaws and with the way Levi is seriously committed to the woman of his dreams, Eren doubts he'll take 'no' for an answer.

Still, it may be the only way to get Levi to turn his butt around. Yet, it's also the one and only cruel way to destroy the Prince's faith in dating ever again. Once more, the fate of the young Prince falls into Eren's hands.

The young mage frowns and stares ahead of him towards Levi and his horse. The two have been leading the way while Eren and his noble steed has trotted behind in deep thought. He hears Levi click his tongue in disgust at the mud his horse is kicking up and the servant can't help but roll his eyes at the behaviour.

After a good hour of nothing but walking over the mountainous forest and Levi growling every time his horse kicks up dirt, Eren finally decides to attempt talking Levi out of this pointless journey. Pulling at the reins a little so his horse is level with Levi's, Eren clears his throat, trying to prepare for the worst.

"Sire? Must we travel all the way to Rose just to see the Princess?" Eren asks with a small yawn. "I'm pretty certain she's not interested."

"I don't care what anyone says, understand!?" Levi turns his head around to glare dangerously at his servant. "I need to see her. Even if she doesn't want anything to do with me, I have to see her face. I have to."

The way Levi's voice cracks under the pressure of his feelings throws Eren off of his train of thought. Eren knows for sure that this Princess isn't interested in him, because Eren sure as Hell has no intention of dating Levi. They're just friends, that's it. Which is why this is all the more harder to witness.

"Can't you just... picture her?" Eren suggests, not that he really wants Levi to picture his feminine self laying next to him. The Prince glances towards his servant, eyebrows furrowed together in concern.

"It's scary when I do that..." Levi says rather shortly.

"Huh? How come?" Eren dares asks.

"Because when I do, she smiles and laughs. Then she shifts and transforms into something horrible."

Eren raises an eyebrow in curiosity. Something horrible? Would that be something like a monster? Eren questions the statement and pries for more answers as all Levi is doing is creating more and more questions. When Eren asks Levi for more information on what deformed beast the Princess turns into, the Prince becomes rather reluctant to answer. Whatever form the Princess of Rose takes must truly be terrifying to bring Levi to a state of absolute silence. But after a minute or two of nothing but the clapping of horse hooves on earth, Levi sighs heavily.

He clears his throat before answering with, "You."

Eren blinks wide eyed at the news. Elise transforms into Eren. Surely this is a sign that Levi is slowly figuring out the clues! His dreams are literally leading Levi directly towards Eren's biggest secret. Curse the power of imagination!

"It's disturbing," Levi continues without batting an eyelash. "Then you yell and scream at me about being King. It's not a fun dream."

Eren gulps and keeps his head down low as they pass over a small creek in the middle of their path. It worries Eren that Levi is having such dreams of him and Elise possibly being connected. But what bothers him more is that the man hasn't joined the dots sooner. Is the Prince really that dense?