26: Distant Dream

The night could not have been more successful. As the Mage and prince walk through the familiar corridors of the Maria castle, Levi cannot help the reminiscent awe that has been glowing in Eren's eyes. The whole way home Eren hasn't been able to stop recounting the whole experience, yapping non-stop about each different scene of the performance they saw. The action, the drama! The romance... As much as Levi loves seeing the boy all giddy and excited about what he just witnessed, Levi was hoping the boy would be a bit more lenient to some of the affection the prince wished to give. Seeing Eren get so invested in a show that Levi took him to see made the Prince want nothing more but to smack his lips all over that bratty servant's face. Alas, despite the strong compulsions to do so, Levi knows that would be crossing some very dangerous boundaries, considering they were still in public and Eren hasn't exactly given Levi permission to grace his lips with Levi's own.

Nevertheless, Levi will keep on hoping for the day Eren is completely under his spell of love. The Prince just hopes the time comes quickly because the way Eren is bouncing on the balls of his feet is just too adorable and the urge to kiss that cute thing is almost unbearable.

Finally, they reach the Court Physicians chambers, loud snores coming from within its walls, most likely from Hange bellowing out like the cave bear she is. The two men stand outside the physician's door, the servant glancing towards the ground while the prince stares in awe at the beauty of his servant. Levi simply cannot believe that Eren agreed to go on a date with him, but what he cannot believe even more is that the date is already over. Eren looks to be ready for bed and the way that the boy is looking over at the prince shows that he is ready to say goodbye for the night, something that Levi does not share. Levi could never be ready to say goodbye to that sexy brat.

"Can I walk you to your door?" Levi asks, wanting to spend even at least a few more seconds with Eren. The mage looks lightly confused as he raises an eyebrow towards the entry of his chambers. "Your door," Levi emphasises. "It just isn't special unless it is your door I walk you to." It was hard not to see Eren's face lightly bloom in a very attractive red. 

Servant and Prince slowly creep through the laboratory, being accompanied by the loud snores of Hange. A few times on their journey to Eren's door Hange made some questionable sounds similar to animal calls, and she even kicked her legs out in her bed hitting a bookshelf. She never woke herself up, which Levi was very thankful for. He wonders what the court physician would think if she saw Eren and prince Levi up late at night with the servant carrying a bunch of flowers. Flowers that Levi had given him to try and win his heart. 

Eren's door is in reach and Levi lets out a quiet sigh as he knows now he will have to say goodbye.

"Goodnight, I guess," the prince whispers with a fond smile.

'Yeah..." Eren nods in agreement. "Goodnight. Um, Thank you for the uh.... flowers."

Dear wall, can Eren not be so fucking cute? This whole not wanting to cross any boundaries with lip on lip action is becoming increasingly harder to follow, especially since Eren looks so shy and blushy about his present. 

"That's fine. I like how you look with flowers. Well, flowers that I give you. If anyone else gave you flowers I would have them executed," Levi frowns. Briefly, the thought of Eren receiving flowers from any other man, or woman for that matter as we should not discriminate, causes a strong feeling of jealousy to course through the prince's veins. "Well goodnight anyway," Levi smirks at his cute little concerned Eren. "Get some rest, my Angel."

Eren chuckles somewhat nervously. Perhaps executing someone for giving Eren flowers is a bit too harsh, but then again people should know not to play with other people's property. Eren may not be his now,  but sooner or later the mage will come to realise that his one and true destiny is to be with Levi.