27: Dark Dance of Lust

Swords clash together with such force that the clanging sound rings in the knight's ears minutes after the impact. Loud shouts bellow out across the field as man versus man takes place. Impressive footwork is awed at by the surrounding crowd as each knight of Maria show off their skill.

Levi surveys the intensive training as two of his best knights spar against each other. Each move the knights make are carefully calculated. One swings, the other blocks. One looks for an opening while the other goes for a devastating blow. The steps they take are planned and despite the heat of the sun blaring down on their heavy metal armour, neither soldier looks exhausted. 

Levi narrows his eyes as one of the knights take a step back. A poor choice of movement as now they have left themselves wide open on the left side. The other knight sees this and immediately takes the opportunity to seize the win. With the handle of their sword they jab the opponent in the side, swipe their feet right from underneath them and raise the point of their sword to the knight's neck. A quick and swift ending to a fight that had ceased to see an ending previously.

Levi hums his approval at the winner of the duel, however he is not surprised considering the level of skill his cousin has. Mikasa removes her helmet with barely any sweat appearing on her forehead. She sighs heavily and gives the other knight a hand to help him up. Sir Farlan removes his helmet as well, looking absolutely exhausted after that sparring match.

"Well done, Mikasa," Levi congratulates his cousin before turning to his knight in training. "Though, I am a bit disappointed to see my own knight struggling against the Lady," he grumbles a little. Sir Farlan rubs the back of his head sheepishly, knowing that to have lost to the Lady Mikasa is not unheard of. The woman has crazy strength, she's like an entire brigade all to herself, much like Prince Levi. 

"Give the man a break, Levi," Mikasa sighs as she walks over to her maid. Sasha quickly gets to her feat and takes the sword from the Princess. She places the sword into the sword rack and begins to remove the armour from her mistress. "Thanks for letting me train with your knights," Mikasa says to the distracted Prince. Levi hums in response as he stares at his manservant from across the field. Hange requested to have Eren's assistance today while Levi was training his men. The boy walks with Hange up towards the castle entrance and Levi finds himself sighing in longing. Just when will the mage return his feelings?

"Just as long as Uncle Kenny doesn't find out, the two of us should be fine," Levi says to his cousin when he can no longer see his servant. Kenny does not approve of Mikasa fighting. She has always wanted to be a knight, and she sure as hell fights like one, but Kenny is very much against a Princess having anything to do with knighthood. Mikasa voices out her agreement.

"Let's go, Sasha. We should let the boys train in peace," Mikasa says to her maid. Sasha nods with a bright smile on her face and quickly follows the Princess towards the castle. Where Eren was headed as well.

Levi sighs once more as he still needs to spend a few more hours training with his knights before he is excused to rest in peace. The only time he'll have to see Eren. It feels as if his time to be with Eren is running out. It won't be long before his courting session with the noble ladies begin and he'll have to stand awkwardly as all these women proclaim reasons as to why they would be a fitting Queen for Maria. Which, Levi is ninety percent sure that most of these women won't have any interest in the role of being Queen. Some might, as being Queen can come with certain benefits, but what Levi expects to see are the heads of each noble family forcing their daughters into this to get their own family into the royal status. Sickening, in Levi's opinion. The world can be so full of greed, and this is why the choice of a spouse would be difficult.

It was going to be difficult to begin with.

In the end, all Levi wants is for Eren to become his spouse. His Uncle may not agree with his choice, but the Prince will still be trying to court his true love regardless. Nothing will get in the way of Levi's happiness.