2: Smile

It's bright and early, as Eren promised. He walks into Levi's room and opens the curtains letting in the bright light of the morning to shine on the Prince's face. "Rise and shine, Sire! It's time to get up!"

Levi screws up his face and opens his eyes with a yawn. "Alright, I'm up, I'm up."

"Your clothes," Eren drops them on his head. "And your breakfast!" He holds the plate over the waking man's head with the threat to drop it as well.

"Oi oi oi! Eren! I will cut you to bits." Levi groans and gets out of bed. Eren laughs at his little joke before he places the plate in front of Levi on his table. Levi stares at it absolutely apalled. "Fruit salad?"

"Yes. Fruit salad. Problem?" Eren blinks with a small smile. There's a big problem.

"What about the meat? Where is the cheese?"

"I thought you should start using healthier options. Y'know. To keep you in shape."

"In shape? Are you calling me fat?"

"No, of course not. I'm just saying you need to cut down."

"Cut down?! I'm Fighting fit!"

"Yes, we want to keep you that way." Eren grins. His face falls when Levi grabs the candle stick on the table and throws it at him. With a shriek Eren dodges the now angry raven haired man. More things are thrown at him before Eren makes it to the door. "Bye, Sire! Enjoy breakfast!" He laughs before going to get ready for the trip.

"Tch. Fucking brat." Levi grumbles and eyes his fruit salad skeptically. Sighing, he decides he may as well eat it. He'll have to stop by the palace kitchens to get something a bit more substantial.

~°•~~♡~~•°~

Out in the courtyard, the Prince and a few knights of Maria get onto their horses to prepare for the hunting trip that the Prince is honestly looking forward to. Eren gets onto his horse, Antonio, and rides towards the prince, stopping by Sir Marco and his noble steed, Jean.

The group of knights head out with Eren riding close to the Prince's side. The castle and town surroundings vanish into thick greenery and damp forest air. For a long while, Eren watches as each knight hunts down their trophies. Pulling arrows out of quivers and firing them into the hearts of animals.

Until a scream is heard. 

Prince Levi halts his horse in alarm. "What was that?" He looks around at the tree canopy and everywhere before Eren picks up the sound of something whistling past his ear. Quickly his eyes heat up and the arrow that was heading for the Prince's head sticks itself into the tree.

'Too close!' He gasps.

Levi's horse whinnies in fear and in that moment the hunting group rush down into a crevice in the forest. Bad idea. As Eren gets past a tree, rocks fall from the edges and they become excluded from the group.

"Fuck..." Levi cusses under his breath.  "We have to get back to them!" Another arrow then flys past their heads going straight to Levi once more.

"Levi!" Eren shouts. The arrow just misses him thanks To Eren's quick wits. He just hopes no one saw the amber flicker in his eyes.

"Shit, that was close! It's an ambush!" Levi deduces. He jumps off his horse and they all dive for cover. Eren and Levi both hide behind the same rock. "I know you're probably scared, Eren, but now isn't the time for cowering, understand? We need to find the owner of that scream."