3: Princess Comes to Town

Smiling. Now that's something Levi can barely achieve. It's not like he hates smiling. Smiling just takes so much effort. But his Uncle wants him to smile for the Princess and if that's the case then it could be him who fails the meeting and jeopardises the treaty. To let down his Uncle is something he doesn't want to do.

He paces in his bedroom with a frustrated sigh, Eren watching him as he fluffs the Prince's pillow.

"Smile... My smile is creepy as fuck... It looks horrible. Why do i need to smile?! Gross..." he mutters through his pacing before stopping and rubbing his temples. "I need to practice."

"Try practicing on me." Eren proposes. To the Prince, it doesn't seem like a bad idea, so he nods quickly agreeing. Putting aside his chores for this urgent matter, Eren sits Levi down on the bed and then sits right beside him. "Smile." He commands.

The Prince's lips twitch and the man's eyes are furrowed deeply. He pulls his lips back showing his teeth. Eren widens his eyes.

"OH DEAR GOD! PUT IT AWAY, ARGHHH!" He screeches covering his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Levi asks worriedly.

"Nothing... it was... beautiful...."

"Really?"

"You looked like a demon spawn."

Levi blinks surprised. He really looked that bad? He frowns discouraged before he groans. "Well how do I fix that?! Show me your smile." The Prince crosses his arms awaiting to see some magic. The servant smiles, and Levi doesn't seem to understand. "I did that."

"No, what you did was this." Eren says before demonstrating and Levi instantly backs away absolutely horrified.

"That really does look like a demon spawn..."

"You're trying too hard. Think of what makes you happy."

"Blood. Killing things." Levi answers with a deadly serious face. It's then that the servant realises he's not going to get very far with this dark minded Prince. But then he surprises Eren by closing his eyes. "And tea... clean things... and my mother." The Prince lists. A soft smile slowly graces his lips. Then he opens his eyes. "How was that?"

"Better," Eren nods his approval. "We won't scare the Princess at least. Try a perverted smirk." Eren suggests.

"Perverted- Hey, I'm not perverted!"

"Try it."

Levi rolls his eyes, but if they need to practice smiling then it's best to try out all the options they have. Sighing lightly, he makes himself smile quite pervertedly and the manservant shudders in disgust.

"I can feel the perv within..." Eren shivers before asking Levi to do a small side smile. After scowling at the comment and shooting Eren a small glare, he continues on with the task at hand. Lips twitching up on one side, the Prince of Maria manages a side smile and Eren, wide eyed and surprised, claps in congratulations.

"That's the one." He says and Levi relaxes. Finally he has accomplished something. Eren pats his shoulder with a smile of triumph for the Prince before he leaves to go clean out the stables which Levi's horses have so rudely shitted up for him.