7: Glistening of Stone

Eren sits in his chair with a sudden dread slipping in through every crevice of his body. Once again he is seated beside the Prince, attempting to enjoy a nice meal. A feast prepared by the palace kitchens awaits him, and this has been the only shred of joy he's had since this whole Princess ordeal started. He smells the sweet aroma of the cooked meat, crispy and ready to be broken apart by Eren's teeth. Much like the other nights, the spread is heavenly, a sight to truly behold. Staring at it is an excruciating tease that tugs at Eren's stomach, especially since he remembers skipping lunch earlier in the day.

Eren gulps.

He isn't allowed to attack his meal like he has done before. As much as he would love to dive right into the pool of heavenly bliss, he must maintain his dignity and his posture. A quick glance across the table to the lady Mikasa gives him the hope that he's performing his task well, and when the girl nods to him in acknowledgement, he finds himself relaxing. Just the slightest, at least, since nothing about this meal is relaxing. The mage's stomach rumbles, the sound long and disastrous disrupting the entire table.

Eren holds his breath feeling the gaze of all three royals burning into his horrendous female form.

"If you're hungry, Elise, please, do eat," Kenny gestures towards the banquets laid out on the table. As if to make certain the Princess understands the permission being granted, the King leans forward and rips off a leg from the roast chicken. Eren swallows a large lump of saliva that started filling as soon as he smelt food. Instead of reaching for the glorious meats and cheese, he takes a small branch of grapes. With a careful touch that could soothe you to sleep, he plucks a grape off of it's perch and slips it into his mouth.

It tastes sweet, and tingles in his cheeks. Yet he does not feel satisfied. Grapes are certainly not enough to satisfy the stomach Eren carries. Easily he could demolish the feast three times over. He would if he could, but the conversation he and Mikasa had earlier that day keeps him firmly seated in his seat munching at the grapes.

"We need to let him down slow..." Mikasa had said, pacing around Eren's room with a thoughtful expression. Eren sighed and crossed his arms, a hint of frustration seen within his features.

"How?" He had asked.

"He likes you because of how quirky you are..." Mikasa trailed off, a sudden flash going through her. "All you have to do is act like any other girl."

Eren stared at her in disbelief. There's a few things Eren could point out that creates flaws within that plan. The main one being obvious.

"I don't know how to be a girl. I'm a boy, remember?"

"Luckily for you. I just happen to also be a girl. I can teach you." The girl had grinned at Eren then, so certain that this little plan of hers would work. The enthusiasm in her eyes honestly had Eren starting to believe it could be possible, too. "Just make sure you are overly polite, to Levi especially. Be a proper Princess. There will no longer be anything that stands out about you and you'll fade into the back of his mind like all the other bimbos."

Thus, Eren had tried to act as ordinary as they can be. For a majority of the passing day he had been hitting it out of the park. He went for a nice stroll in the garden to be among the gorgeous fauna as a woman would (or so he assumes), and also made sure to get his hair braided by Hange (who admittedly wasn't the best person to ask for such a task, as noted by the massive knot they had to cut from Eren's hair).