36: Temporary Stand-In

Eren had so many things he wanted to do. Today was going to be a phenomenal day, he kept telling himself. He felt great and amazing all at once. Time had gone quickly in his relationship with Levi and he was so prepared to take any extra steps needed to make the prince realise how much the man meant to him. After all, this was very rare for Eren. Relationships are not, or rather have not, been his thing. Ever. Romance, love, feelings, all that mumbo jumbo has never been his strength before and look at him go! He has managed to keep a secret relationship with the prince now for almost 2 months! That is something to be proud of!

The servant hastily rushes towards his Prince's chambers. He throws the doors open, closing them carefully behind him, and with a great big leap, jumps into the bed with his still sleeping lover. The prince jolts awake at Eren's crash landing beside him. The man, clearly unimpressed by Eren's dramatic entrance, rolls over to ignore his boyfriend and tries his best to go back to sleep.

"Come on, Levi! Time to wake up! We have important duties. Today, your Uncle is leaving for the Kingdom of Sina!"

"My Uncle can get fucked for all I care," Levi grumbles. He squeezes the blankets around him and buries them into his side a lot more. "You always wake me at ridiculous times, let me have five more minutes."

"I thought I was picking great times," Eren retorts.

"Great times my ass, you woke me yesterday before the sun even came up."

"The best way to start the day is to start the day before the day is even a thing."

"Shitty brat," Levi sighs. Eren can faintly hear the amusement in his voice. A slight edge in his breathing proves to Eren that Levi is very close to cracking his first smile of the day. Each morning it is a challenge to get Levi to smile as soon as possible. Some days it takes little to no effort and Levi smiles when he sees Eren's presence, but this morning the prince is playing hard to get. The cheeky servant smiles to himself before he makes his move. 

Sitting up, the mage swings a leg over the Prince to straddle his lover and begins bouncing up and down like a child, shaking the raven and the bed so much that Levi immediately has to tackle Eren off of him just to find some stability again.

"Seriously, Eren, what has gotten into you today?" Levi asks. Finally, the prince is sitting up in bed. He has finally learnt that lying down is going to do nothing to prevent Eren's relentless efforts in tormenting his sleep. The servant boy sits still for maybe only a second, however as soon as Levi blinks the boy is bouncing on the spot again. 

"I'm just so keen for Kenny to be gone! Once he has left the castle for the week, we won't have to hide around as much," Eren sighs rather dreamily before flopping onto his back, sinking into the satin sheets that adorn Levi's massive bed. He hums happily, so very much excited for the King to be out the door, sayonara, adios!

Levi snorts and places a soft kiss on Eren's lips, the boy very much eager to return it. "We'll still need to hide, Eren. But yes, things won't be so tight on us anymore. Means I can finally catch a break from straightening my back all the time."

"And, perhaps... possibly..." Eren chuckles nervously before holding onto the prince's hand for strength. "Maybe try something new? Like, do a particular thing that is special? Maybe?"

Levi smirks. "You're not talking about-"

"Of course, I am," Eren cuts in, a red tinge dusting his cheeks. "It's been some time, why not do it when the King will be away?"

Levi hums his agreement and pulls Eren into his chest for some well-needed morning cuddles. While King Kenny is away having a meeting of the Kings with Sina and Rose it would be the perfect time to follow through with every romantic endeavour they have ever wanted to accomplish. They can push their relationship to the next level. Potentially breaking the boundaries they've never known was possible.