4: What A Meal

The Royal family stand patiently as the Princess' carriage comes into view. Two beautiful white stallions pull the cart along as guards walk alongside it. Levi stands tall and proud, briefly glancing towards his cousin, the Lady Mikasa, who stands just as anxiously as he does. In the Prince's head he replays everything he needs to do. First thing he must master is his damn smile. That's the last thing his Uncle told him and if he fails to accomplish that simple task, he'll be up against his Uncle's disappointment. Facing that is one of Levi's worst nightmares.

So, he stands tall, hands by his side, posture straight and perfect. He attempts to relax his muscles into a more welcoming manner, but as the horse's hooves come to a halt, he finds his nerves becoming more apparent. The last thing Levi wants to do is screw this up somehow and accidentally begin a war between the two strongest Kingdoms out there.

His Uncle has no clue what this Princess even looks like, since the first and only time he met the Princess of Rose was when she was just a small bundle of joy, a baby. This makes Levi even more nervous. He has no idea what to expect.

One of the guards from Rose's Kingdom opens the carriage door, and there she stands. The Princess. Levi's breath suddenly hitches as he stares at the overwhelming sight of the fair lady. Long brown hair, French braided stunningly along the sides before falling out into loose strands around the back. Her gown is a gorgeous green and white, matching perfectly with her eyes. Levi has never seen such beautiful eyes. Eyes that reflect the high seas and yet also show the lush green forests scattered around the seven Kingdoms. Absolutely stunning.

The Princess looks nervous. She almost slips out of the carriage upon first step, but manages to maintain her balance.

"Princess Elise of Rose," Kenny bows his head in courtesy, Levi and Miksas showing their respects as well. "Welcome to Maria. We hope you shall have a fulfilling stay within the comfort of our home. This here is my niece and nephew, Prince Levi and the Lady Mikasa." The King gestures to his family and Mikasa gives the Princess a warm smile as well as a small bow of her head.

The Prince bows as well, giving the Princess a small side smile, just like he practiced. "Pleasure," he says, still admiring the beauty before him.

For a moment, Elise shifts uncomfortably, her eyes averting to the ground as if scrambling to find words to say. She takes a deep breath, Levi noticing that the Princess is just as nervous as he is. She clears her throat before smiling shyly.

"I'm thankful for your hospitality, my Lord. It's an honour to meet you all." She says, her voice comparable to a summer breeze on a nice cool day. It's so warm and gentle, a soft tone to it that brings chills to Levi's skin.

'She's so beautiful...' he sighs dreamily as she brushes a lone strand of hair out of her eyes. How Levi wishes he could of done that for her.

"Would you like me to show you to your room, M'lady?" Levi offers his hand.

"Yes, you must be tired after the long journey," Kenny adds with a nod.

"I suppose I could go for some rest. That would be wonderful," Elise agrees. Once Levi has confirmation he immediately takes the girl's hand and shows her towards the castle entrance.

"This way, Princess," Levi gives the girl another one of his charming side smiles. The girl seems to smile back, a little impressed with Levi's smile. It looks like Levi's smiling practice was worth it after all. He seems to be doing a great job and isn't scaring anyone off. Levi counts that as a positive. If only Eren could see how well he's doing.

They walk up a flight of stairs, Levi waiting for Elise to catch up after every few. She may be a Princess, but Levi assumes not all Princesses are good at walking in heels. Elise seems to be struggling to keep up with those shoes she's wearing.