31: To be a King

Levi couldn't believe it. After all this time, months begging for Eren to be his, the Prince now has the boy in his arms. Staring towards his precious lover, Levi feels his chest erupt in bursts of butterflies; the kind that almost feels like you're about to be consumed by your own heart, it's intense. For the first time, he can bring Eren close to his side and plant a kiss on those lips of his. It's like a dream come true, and the Prince doesn't believe he will ever fully come to terms with this new development. Something so new, so exciting. After wishing on countless stars, hoping Hange might accidentally drug Eren with a love potion, the boy comes to him out of his own will. Seeking Levi and wanting the raven just as much as he wants the brunet. It's almost too surreal for the Prince to cope, but now that he has Eren he will not dare to let him go.

Their carriage finally parks beside the castle gates and being the good servant he is, Eren opens Levi's door. The Prince exits the cart, thanking the mage in the process. Had Levi gotten out of the cart before Eren he would have done the same thing for him. Now that they're together all Levi wants to do is spoil that shitty brat.

Eren looks nervous and it's not hard to tell, considering the boy has been constantly rubbing at his neck and looking in all different directions. Levi thinks Eren hasn't looked at him once since they finally became a couple. Almost as if Eren is too scared to look at him. Who once was a bright, over the top enthusiastic man, has now simmered down to a shy, timid boy, and in times like these Levi acknowledges that even Eren has times where his mental demons attack. Eren is younger than Levi, which is something the Prince often forgets. Eren has so many responsibilities, and although he can be quite oblivious and make dumb choices, he is also extremely knowledgable when it comes to magic and has been able to bravely save Levi's life over and over. If that doesn't say anything about Eren's courage, then Levi doesn't know what will. Hiding his gift, managing to be where he needs to be without being seen, it is all so mysterious to Levi, but even the strong-minded have days where they break. Levi can imagine Eren is scared of their newfound relationship. Because Eren knows if Kenny catches word of this, then he is a dead man.

"Levi, I was informed you had returned so soon. Where's Lucy?" King Kenny makes an appearance from the front castle gates where Levi and Eren had parked. The king looks around the carriage for signs of Lady Lucy. Levi clicks his tongue in response and walks past his Uncle with Eren following close behind.

"It was a horrible date, Uncle," Levi informs with a nonchalant wave of his hand. "I think I'll hold off going on dates for now. I'll find someone in my own time."

Levi doesn't allow his uncle time to respond. He makes his way up the castle stone steps, heading straight towards his chambers so he can immediately envelop Eren within his arms. That's all Levi wants to do. Hold him, kiss him, feel him, anything he can do to express his love to Eren, that's what he wants. Levi still revels in disbelief of the events from before. When he had asked Eren to be his official boyfriend, Eren's response had honestly surprised him. It was confirmed Eren returned Levi's feelings, but still, Levi had suspected Eren would try denying them once more. He didn't though, he accepted and hearing Eren say 'yes' lifted Levi's spirits so high into the air that he never thought he would come down. He's still living the moment, breathing it, and with Eren by his side, Levi will always see it.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Levi asks as the doors to his chambers close behind Eren. The servant nervously chuckles, answering Levi's question immediately. Levi takes Eren's hands into his own and guides him over towards the bed. They sit, and without missing a beat, Levi pulls Eren into his chest for a hug. It takes a moment for Eren to respond, however, this is to be expected. There's going to be a lot of new things for Eren to get used to, and Levi hugging Eren is one of them.

"Come on, brat. Tell me what's going on." Levi says, almost forcefully, but in the most gentle way Levi knows.

Eren breathes in deeply before sitting up straight again away from Levi's chest. Levi makes an effort not to comment on how cold he feels without him.