12: Facing the Lie

Levi has asked Eren to prove to him that the evil that plagues the world he lives in isn't evil. A thought that has been planted in Levi's head since the day he was born. The idea of sorcery being the fall of the world and the reason for it to be in such chaos has always been there in Levi's mind. Imprinted into his brain and especially his heart. The more he stares across towards Eren, a sorcerer, the more he feels his chest aching with fear. All his instincts tell him to flee, to run away and never return. Or better yet, try and eradicate him again. But Levi knows he's done enough damage to Eren already. The mage hasn't moved to attack even though Levi had gone ballistic on him just last night. There's not a hint of vicious intent in the pools of Eren's eyes. Eyes Levi once thought were beautiful but now are nothing but a lie. All Levi can do is sit there and wait patiently for Eren to either show him something amazing or turn him inside out.

Despite the obvious anxiety that's consuming the Prince, Eren sits still, head tilted to gaze upon the ground, teeth biting his pink lips, lost in thought. There's a range of tricks that Eren could perform for the curious Prince. He needs to be careful with what he chooses, as anything can have a negative effect on the strictly raised raven haired man.

Several minutes of silence pass between them as Eren desperately tries to find something simple yet peaceful to show the Prince. Still nothing sticks out to him. Not a thorn he could nullify, not a stick he could twist into knots or anything comical that might, although unlikely, make Levi smile. A twitch of his lips, at the very least. It's difficult to please Levi as his man-servant, so to be given the task, being a sorcerer, to shift Levi's view on magic is pretty much a straight line to death. How is he meant to change his whole perspective on something the man has hated for God knows how long? Eren is lucky to still be sitting there with his head still attached.

From the corner of his eyes he sees Levi rocking back and forth, trying to keep his nerves in check. Eren swallows down his nerves as well, the ache that follows reminding him that Levi will act against him if he fucks it up.

"Prove it to you..." Eren mutters, wracking his brain for something to do. Then it hits him. Yes, that would work perfectly. "Okay, I've got something," he tells the Prince. The way Levi suddenly tenses and closes into himself doesn't go unnoticed by the mage. He understands Levi is nervous and so is Eren.

Slowly Eren places his palm into the dirt below him, crouching closer towards the touched area. Levi's eyes are on him and he can feel the uncertain stare burning into him. The sorcerer takes in a deep breath, pressing his hand harder into the ground. He listens to the sound of the world around him. The trees that sway lightly in the morning air, the chirps of birds singing their songs. He listens to the sounds of hooves running across sticks in the distance, listens to the unmistakable sound of nature. He feels the power pulse throughout his veins. Feels the Earth's energy resonating with his own as his fingers dig into the dirt. Waves of heat flush across his skin as he pours his heart into the ground, soothing the core within, commanding it to obey his will.

Eren's eyes open and Levi flinches at the pure golden colour. His irises shine a vibrant amber, the energy expelling as Eren begins reciting the spell off by heart. The words, fluent, foreign, words that Levi doesn't understand, but he doesn't need to when he sees Eren move.

With his face still in concentration, Eren's hand that was grasping the dirt slowly lifts from its place. At first all seemed normal besides Eren looking a tad strange with his puzzling movements. But Levi then gasps as under Eren's hand follows an abundance of drops. Water drops. They pull from within the earth, making the place Eren's hand once was wet with the sudden rush. The drops keep piling up, lifting from the ground to float under Eren's hand. More and more follow, joining the small orb of muddy water that has slowly grown while Eren chants the incantation over and over again, eyes not changing from his golden irises. 

Our Love Made By Magic (EREN X LEVI FANFICTION)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें