Chapter 12 : Warm Advances

Start from the beginning

He looked observantly before stepping closer placing his hand on her waist. "You want to say something?" He whispered into her ears, his face literally into her hair. "Yeah!" Anika managed to mutter. 

"Viren, ahh, I think there's a lot of good stuff to choose from. We will need a few minutes." Shivaay spoke. While Anika was only aware of his hand on her waist. "Of course. Take your time, we are always here to help." He gently pressed his hand against her waist leading her forward. "Spill," He whispered. Anika was utterly focusing on the feel of his hand at her waist, she barely remembered what she had to speak. 

Oh yes! "Umm, the wedding outfit, mumma.. will take care of, I mean..." His hand shifted slightly as they took slow steps. Anika was receptive to even the slightest shift of his fingers. He looked at her observantly waiting for her to complete. "Uhh, Mumma always wanted to be the one to choose my wedding dress." Anika somehow managed to complete.

"No problem Anika. I don't think mom would have a problem with that. However, umm, there's some old family jewelry you'll be required to have on during the ceremony. So, we will select dresses for other rituals." He smiled. There her heart began to melt again. 

"You know what let me show you that list that mom sent me." He spoke digging in his pockets to get his phone out. His left hand finally left her waist. Anika breathed in relaxation. "Here see this, Haldi- yellow, Mehendi - green, Ring Ceremony- royal blue, The marriage day- should be red with gold and reception is surprise by Daadi."

"Woah. This is pretty detailed." Anika commented and he smiled placing his hand back on her back. "Of course."

"Can we please pick something light? I will be buried inside the dress otherwise." Anika spoke trying not to focus on his hand. 

"Well, since the two of us have the privilege to choose...I suppose we can take benefit out of it." He winked at her grinning.

Anika flushed and her lips gradually formed into an upward curve. "There you blush again!" He muttered walking ahead. "How's that green dress..." he asked pointing to a knee-length frock. Anika looked up at him. "I thought it was supposed to be Indian."

"Nah. Since everything will happen by the beach we decided to keep haldi and mehendi more like a beach party. Your mom didn't tell you?"

"I didn't listen perhaps, she keeps talking about it, twenty-four hours. Even in sleep." Anika giggled. "It's hard to pay attention to everything." Shivaay laughed, "try it on!"

Anika stepped ahead finally loosing the contact from his body. She picked up the dress he had pointed at. "No way. This is a tube top, I am not wearing that." She declared glancing through other dresses.

"Why not?" He asked standing behind her. Anika's grip on the hanger got tighter. Weirdly, she was becoming very aware of his closeness. 

"It's pretty uncomfortable," she said aloud 'and scary' — what if it decided to run down my frame —she completed in her mind.

He leaned over her shoulder making no contact whatsoever. "Maybe on our honeymoon then?" His whisper was husky. Anika's jaw dropped and she turned slightly to stare at him. Deciding otherwise she walked ahead. She could hear his faint chuckle. As naturally as ever lips formed into a smile. A wide smile. 

"It looks nice." He commented approaching her with slow steps. "But this will look better." He spoke handing her the dress in his hand. She held it up. The material had an amazing feel to it. It was a unique dress. The exotic style gave away its cost. She glanced at him. "I know you earning is equivalent of printing notes but this is too much." She commented in a hushed whisper.