Chapter 51

Your POV

Once I finally got past the nerves of facing Lauren's family, spending the holidays with them went back to normal, like nothing had actually changed. It was great, just like every other year that I had spent the holidays with them. The only thing that was different was that I felt like a different person, ready to completely forget my past and move forward.

A lot of Lauren's family members had asked about weddings and whether or not we still were going to get married. This made me wonder what Lauren thought of the idea, we'd discussed it a bit but not to the point that I totally knew where she stood on the topic. They also had almost zero boundaries when it came asking us about things that they had seen in the news and media, and this year I had been a hot topic, apparently within Lauren's family as well as within the media.

Lauren's cousins, spent almost an hour asking me about the Kardashians, especially Kendall and Kylie, which Lauren didn't seem to happy about, to which I thought the jealousy was cute. Another cousin asked about Maia Mitchell, and said that's she was shocked when she seen those photos because she'd watched The Fosters so much. They asked about a lot about Justin and everyone else I'd been seen with in the media. It was a lot more than normal and I guess they just wanted to know what really happened. I told them little things but didn't go into much detail.

Some of the girls liked asking Lauren about Luke, the younger ones being obsessed with 5 Seconds of Summer. They asked a lot of questions that I didn't really want to hear, like whether or not he's a good kisser, which kind of made me feel little awkward. Though they all said that they would pick Final Five over 5 Seconds of Summer anyway which made me laugh.

Besides the obvious holiday celebrations and gift exchanging, that was our whole Christmas, dodging questions about relationships, weddings and our celebrity friends. I mean it was fun to share so stuff with them, the jaw drop here and there when we split something was pretty entertaining. Like telling them little bits of information about Shawns proposal or Kendall and Kylie. They loved it. But all we had left here now was New Year's Eve, which was tonight and then tomorrow before we flew back to LA the next day, Lauren going back into the studio and me having a couple writing sessions lined up.

"What are you thinking about?" Lauren asked as she cuddled into my side and looked up at me.

"Just how great it has been to spend the holidays here with you and everyone else." I stated honesty.

"Even with all the questions?" She laughed a little. "I'm sorry about them, by the way, but you know what teenagers are like when it comes to celebrity gossip."

"I guess it's a good thing that I didn't mention One Direction asking me to help them write a come back album." I stated and she looked at me shocked.

"Wait what!?!" She propped herself up on her elbows. "Seriously? When?"

"Harry just texted me about an hour ago." I smiled. " I didn't wanna disturb you."

"To tell me One Direction was getting back together? And that you're involved!?" She laughed. "I would've been pretty okay with that."

"It's gotta stay on the down-low." I stated. "Only like the band me and Simon know at the moment. Well and you."

"Seriously! That's crazy." She smiled.

"Don't tell anyone, not Camila, not Shawn, not Dinah, nobody." I stated and she smirked.

"Don't you trust me?" She grinned moving closer to me.