Chapter 48

Your POV

For the last month, things between Lauren and I have been going extremely well, we were taking things slow but at the same time it was as if nothing bad had happened between us, we were just teenagers again. Of course there were little changes, I could tell she was a little nervous about trusting me, but for the most part we were comfortable again, the same way we were before the accident. We were keeping it quiet and on the down low, even from our family for now. Just in case something happened and it wouldn't work out.

"Hey babe." I smiled as I walked into Lauren's room as she was still living at Camila's apartment.

"Shhh..." She laughed jumping up and covering my lips with her finger. "Camila's in her room."

"She's not here." I laughed taking the hand that had been covering my lips within my own. "Her cars gone and nobody's in here."

"Her cars in the shop." The brunette giggled. "She's in her bedroom working on music."

"Oh..." I nodded a little as she finally gave me a quick peck on the lips. "I mean we could be quiet?"

"She's already suspicious." Lauren laughed again. "We aren't doing a very good job at hiding this."

"Why are we still hiding it?" I shrugged kissing her again. "I mean it's not like we weren't together before."

"I know." She agreed. "But I mean it is a little fun sneaking around." She grinned a little.

"True." I laughed a little. "But I mean we could just tell her. Honestly she probably knows."

"Yeah, but then everyone would know." Lauren rolled her eyes as she went back to doing her make up. "She won't keep it to herself. She won't tell anyone unless she's sure."

"I know." I agreed walking up and wrapping my arms around her waist as she applied some eyeliner. "I just want everyone to know you're mine again."

She sighed and I could tell there was something on her mind. She quietly finished applying her eyeliner and put it away before turning around in my arms. She reached up and moved a piece of hair that had fallen into my face and tucked it behind my ear. I could tell she was thinking about what to say next.

"You know I love you." She started glancing down at the floor before meeting my eyes again. "I just... I don't know if I'm ready for that yet."

"Why not Lauren?" I asked as she avoided my eyes again now. "I mean we've been back together a month."

"I don't want to talk about this right now." She answered pulling away and heading towards her closet.

"Then when we we going to talk about it?" I dropped my arms in defeat. "I love spending time here with you but I want to go out. I want to go on real dates, and do things."

"I know Y/N." She looked at me again, tears threatening her eyes causing my stomach to drop as I moved towards her.

"I'm sorry." I stated running a hand through my hair. "I didn't mean to..."

"I'm scared." She stated catching me off guard.

"Why?" I asked a little confused.

She reached out and took my hand in her own. She pulled me towards her bed and sat on the edge, I followed and sat next to her as she looked at me contemplating what to say next, her eyes penetrating deep into my own.

"Lauren, what's going on?" I asked after a couple minutes. "Why are you scared? I thought things were going well."

"They are." She answered honestly looking towards me. "They're going extremely well."