Chapter 13

Your POV

"Where are you?!?" I asked as soon as I heard my best friends voice on the other line.

"What?" She asked sounding as if she just woke up.

"Cam, you're supposed to help me find Christmas gifts for Lauren and everyone else." I stated deciding to sit down on the bench as my leg started hurting.

"What time is it?" She groaned as there was some ruffling.

"Twelve." I answer shaking my head.

"Oh my god!" She seemed to wake up rather quickly now. "I'm so sorry! My alarm didn't go off!"

"Hey, it's cool I'll start looking around on my own." I laughed a little. "Just hurry up because Lauren's gonna freak if I'm by myself to long."

"I'll be there in thirty minutes." She replied as it sounded like she was rushing around the room. "See ya then."

Camila ended the call and I put my phone back in my pocket looking around the cafeteria for a moment. I watched as everyone rushed around getting ready for the holiday season. Everyone from kids to old people were running around with bags in there hands.

I felt my leg stiffen up as I tried moving it again. It's been a month since I got home and my leg and hand are still in no better shape. They took cast off my leg and replaced it with a brace but I still couldn't really move on my own. We started therapy but that wasn't really working yet, neither part of my body cooperating with me.

I had on a beanie and some sun glasses as I was trying to go unnoticed by fans so that I could actually find something for my fiancée as a Christmas gift. This year I had no clue what to get her but it had to be nice. She's done so much for me, especially over the past couple months and I want to thank her.

I stood up and picked up my crutches and started toward the first store I could see. When I finally got there I sighed feeling tired again when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and noticed I had a few messages.

Lauren: How are you feeling? Is Camz there yet?

Lauren: Babe, did you take your pain meds with you?

Lauren: Answer me.

I smiled at how protective she could be. This was the first time she'd let me do anything without her since the accident. She was a little hesitant about me going but once I told her Camila would come she seemed to calm down a little, obviously she's still a little nervous.

Me: Camila's running late but she'll be here in a bit. I have my meds and I'll be fine. Stop worrying about me and enjoy your day with your sister.

Lauren: Did you want me to come back? You have the braces on your hand and leg right?

Me: You're worrying is cute but I'll be fine. Tell Taylor I said hi and I'll see you guys when I get home.

Lauren: Okay. See you later. I love you.

Me: I love you too.😘

"Let me guess?" I hear a voice behind me causing me to jump. "Lauren's worried that we'll do something stupid."

I turned around to see Camila giving me a knowing look. "You were supposed to be here almost an hour ago." I stated placing my phone back in my pocket and leaning ahead onto my crutches.