Chapter 28

Camila's POV

I was lying on the couch watching Friends for I don't know, maybe the twentieth time. I heard a loud banging on the door, confused I stood up and looked toward it. It's not Shawn, he's in Canada and it's not Y/N she said she had a very busy day ahead of her. 

I slowly walked over as whoever it was knocked again. I looked out the peep hole and seen Lauren standing there looking at her feet as she had a suit case behind her. I opened the door and she quickly looked up, letting me see the tears running down her cheeks causing my heart to stop for a second.

"Lauren..." I mumbled quickly grabbing the suitcase and pulling her inside.

It wasn't long before I felt her arms wrap around me as she began to cry again. I pulled her closer and began rubbing her back, though I had no clue what was going on.

"Lo," I mumbled. "Where's Y/N? What's going on?"

"You were right." She whispered pulling back to look at me. "She's taking pills."

"What?" I looked directly at her face now. "She's actually on something?"

"She's been taking sleeping pills." Lauren stated looking at her feet again. "It's my fault she whispered."

"Oh no." I started feeling angry now. "Don't you dare blame yourself. She did this all on her own."

"It started when I went on the publicity tour..." She sighed. "I knew she wasn't ready to be on her own again, but I went anyway, just to promote a fucking song."

"I'm going to go talk to her." I stated starting toward my room.

"Camz no." My best friend begged. "You can't."

"Why not Lauren?" I asked turning around. "Obviously whatever you said didn't work."

"Just leave her alone." The brunette responded. "She needs to realize she can't choose drugs over family."

"That's not the right way to handle this." I disagreed. "You're pushing her in the wrong direction. If she feels alone she'll go deeper."

Lauren pulled her phone out of her pocket looked down at it as it was vibrating. She held it up to reveal Y/N's contact information. She looked at me and I shook my head, not knowing how to handle this.

"What do you think we should do?" I sighed deciding that Lauren probably knew best when it came to her fiancée.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I just can't face her right now."

"Okay, let's just calm down." I nodded. I shouldn't really talk to her while I'm angry either.

------------
Y/N's POV

"Fuck!" I yelled hanging up my phone for the tenth time. "Pick up Lauren!"

I paced around the our room and dialled her number yet again. I put the phone to my ear as I continued walking  back and forth. She sent me to voicemail again. Pissed off, I threw the phone across the room. It hit the wall and fell on the ground next to the pill bottle from earlier.

I walked over and picked up a few of the pills and looked at them as they were in my hand. Tears falling down over my cheeks, I picked them all up and put them back in the bottle putting the top on and laying them on the drawers next to me. I picked up my phone and oddly it still worked.

Me: I'm sorry, Lauren. Please talk to me.

I put my phone down and walked downstairs. I grabbed a bottle of liquor from the cabinet, taking off the cover and quickly taking a drink. I sat the bottle on the island and walked toward the window, looking out into our beautiful back yard. How did I get here?