Chapter 14

Your POV

"Welcome guys." Ally smiled as she opened the door for me and Lauren.

I smiled as she greeted us both with hugs. Lauren handed her a bottle of wine as we made our way into their house. I could see that almost everyone had already arrived and gathered mostly in the kitchen and living room.

We decided as a group to have Thanksgiving at Ally and Jason's again this year because well Ally was the only real cook in the group. After this we would all be heading our different directions for the rest of the holidays, Lauren and I having decided on going out to Miami to spend some time with her family.

Most people were wither watching football in the living room or stood in the kitchen talking while Ally and my brother continued cooking. I could easily see that everyone was already enjoying themselves.

"Y/N, How are you feeling?" Shawn smiled as he walked up to me. "Can I get you a beer or something?"

"A water would be nice." I nodded following behind him and standing at the island in the middle of the kitchen as I watched him poor the drink.

"I never seen you turn down a beer before." He stated handing me the glass and picking up his own.

"Alcohol and pain meds don't mix all to well." I replied taking a sip from my glass.

"Right." He nodded in realization. "So what are your Christmas plans?"

"We're going out to Miami for a couple weeks to spend it with Lauren's family." I answered. "What about you?"

"I think Camila wants to go to her family's for Christmas then mine for New Years." He smiled. "It's going to be weird not being home on Christmas Day."

"I'd say." I nodded with him. "Maybe we'll cross paths in Miami."

"That would be cool." He agreed. "Maybe you can stop her father from killing me."

"He's harmless." I laughed. "Unless you hurt one of his daughters." I added. "Oh wait you did."

"Shut up dude." He gave me a warning glare to which I just laughed. "I was very stupid then."

"Then." I repeated causing him to punch my arm. "You're lucky I didn't kill you myself."

"Aunt Y/N!" I heard Ryan yell causing me to look in his direction as he was running toward me.

"Hey buddy!" I cheered slowly turning to face him as he was now stood in front of me. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing, Masons sleeping and Daddy's busy watching football with Nick and Uncle Mike." He frowned. "But you're here now!"

"I am." I agreed with a smile. "Did you go see Aunt Lauren yet?"

"She's here?!?" He questioned excitedly looking around the room.

"Over there." I smiled as he took off running toward my fiancée.

I watched as he tapped her on the back and she turned around smiling at him as she got down to his height. She tickled is sides as they both laughed and she spoke to him for a while before giving him a small kiss on the cheek and standing up as he took off in the other direction. I smiled as she looked over to meet my gaze, returning the smile before continuing her conversation with Dinah.