Chapter 16

Your POV

I couldn't help the smile on my face as we sat around the Christmas tree in my fiancées parents house. Lauren was sat between my legs as I was leaning against the arm of the couch, her mother and father sat hand in hand on the couch as her siblings were finishing unwrapping the few gifts that were left under the tree.

Lauren leaned back into my arms and gave me a warm smile before pecking my cheek softly. She stayed that way as I placed my coffee cup on the floor next to me and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. It was moments like these I lived for, ones where the only thing in the air was love and happiness.

Lauren turned back to watch her siblings open the gifts we had gotten for them, well she had gotten for them I just gave her some money towards it. I just watched her beautiful side profile as she was still leaning back against my chest with a warm smile playing at her lips.

My mind drifted off back to the last Christmas I had with my family before my parents died. I smiled at the thought of my family all together again and the smiles on everyone's faces as opened the gifts around the tree, before we all made our way into the kitchen to cook dinner together before the rest of the family showed up to eat with us.

"What are you thinking about?" Lauren whispered as I noticed her eyes were on me again.

"Just thinking about what Christmas was like with my family." I answered giving her a small smile. "It was pretty close to this."

"You're missing them right now aren't you? Your parents. " She asked turning to look at me a bit more as her mother and father both excused themselves to go check on the turkey.

"I do." I admitted and she frowned a little. "But it's okay." I added. "Being here with your family helps a lot."

"I wish I would have had the chance to meet them." She gave me a small smile. "They sound like great people."

"They were." I agreed. "They would have loved you."

"I'm sure I would love them too." She smiled wrapping her arms around me again.

"Actually, I have one more present for you." I stated and she leaned back to look at me. "It's up stairs."

"You mean you got me something else besides the concert tickets and the diamond necklace?" She asked a little shocked.

"Get up." I laughed a little. "I think you'll like it."

I took her hand and led her up the stairs and toward her bed room, opening the door and closing it again once we were both in the room. She gave me an amused look as I walked over to my suit case and started rummaging through it.

"Found it!" I exclaimed standing up as Lauren watched me laughing. "Ha ha." I teased her a little.

"What is it?" She asked as I walked over and stood in front of her.

"It's nothing expensive or totally amazing." I smiled as I handed her the wrapped box. "It's just something I want you to have."

"Okay?" She furrowed her eyebrow a little as she was confused for a moment. It was a very cute sight.

"Just open it." I smiled as she looked down and unwrapped it.