Chapter 11

Lauren's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. It's been over a week and that's all I've heard from my fiancée. Her steady heartbeat playing over and over on the same machine. Her chest slowly moving up and down as another machine was still breathing for her.

"Please wake up." I pleaded. "Anytime now baby. I'm waiting."

I felt my eyes well up as I sat up in my chair. I knew almost everyone who worked in this part of the hospital now. All the doctors and nurses who came in and out of the room and some of the other patients who would now stop in to check and see if anything had changed.

Austin had been released earlier today which was why it was rather quiet when it came to our family and friends being around. I was happy to see him go home, it was a relief to know that he was okay and that he'd make a full recovery. Y/N would be happy that her brother was doing so well.

I stood up and walked over to look out the window and over the parking lot. It still had some paparazzi and fans but the attention had gone down a lot over the past day or so. I watched them for a while until I decided to turn on the TV.

"Want to watch some Greys?" I asked Y/N even though I knew there would be no answer. "I finally met Lexie last night."

I sighed picking up her hand in my own and started an episode. A few doctors and nurses came in once in a while and checked on the younger girl but left without really making any sound. I was about to start another episode when I felt a small tug on my hand.

I looked up to see Y/N's eyes still closed and her breathing steady. I thought it was just in my head until I felt her finger twitch and hit my hand again. I watched for a moment but nothing happened.

Suddenly her eyes opened wide and she tried sitting up, causing me to jump back. She started fighting against the tube in her throat as she looked extremely scared. I didn't know what to do as I stood frozen and watched the doctors flow into the room.

"Lauren, you can't be in here." Doctor Manning stated but I couldn't get myself to tear my eyes away from My fiancée who was still fighting against the tube. "Get her out of here."

I was soon dragged out of the room by one of the nurses as Doctor Manning held Y/N down in her bed. The closed the door and I stood staring at it for I don't know how long until I heard my name being called. I looked down the hall to see Ashley and Mike coming my way with coffees.

As they got closer I could hear the sound of them talking but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I kept thinking about my fiancée struggling against the tube and how confused she must be right now.

"Lauren?" I could finally make out what Mike asked as he reached in front of me. "What's going on?"

"She...." I started but I wasn't sure what to say. "I think...." I started again. "I think she woke up."

"What?" Ashely asked trying to look through the window. "What do you mean you think?"

"Her eyes opened." I stated. "She was scared and then the doctors came running in and I don't know."

"How long have they been in there?" Ashley asked again trying to see in through the door.

"I don't know." I replied rubbing my forehead.