Chapter 50

Your POV

"Okay but why didn't you tell me Shawn was going to do that?" Lauren asked as I threw my keys in the bowl and followed behind her and into kitchen.

"He wanted it to be a surprise." I shrugged as she was now leaning up against the island looking at me with an amused expression. "He told me weeks ago not to say anything to anyone."

"So, for once you actually kept the secret." She grinned now as she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me closer to her.

"Excuse me..." I laughed a little myself as she held onto my shirt. "I seem to remember keeping the fact that I was going to propose to you a secret."

"You did mange that." She smirked. "But you could've at least told me I was gonna have to stay here tonight."

"As if you weren't already planning on it." I stated causing her to slap my arm before getting serious again.

"So, I did have a question." She spoke a little more seriously now.

"Okay, shoot." I responded as I wrapped my arms around her waist as she began playing with my hair.

"That guy earlier seemed to really throw you off." She stated and I couldn't hide the fact that the mention of him bothered me. "What happened with him?"

"It's a long story babe." I answered as she was clearly trying to read my expression. "Just some stuff happened between us before but it's all in the past now."

"When are you going to tell me about all this stuff?" She questioned looking a little upset. "I mean every time something like this comes up you avoid talking about it."

"I don't want you to know some of the things I did." I answered honestly. "I'm ashamed of some of it and I don't want you to think of me any differently because of it. We're just getting back to a good place."

"I know baby." She reached up and touched my cheek. "But I also want you to be able to talk to me about these things. You've come so far and I want you to be open about it with me, I know you weren't yourself for a long time and don't blame you for anything."

"Okay." I nodded for a second as I thought about the night I'd fought with Simmons at the club. "Can we just get changed first? I really wanna get out of these jeans." I asked as I pulled away from her.

"Why?" Lauren smirked again. "They make your ass look fantastic."

"Oh yeah." I asked moving so that she could see it before looking over my shoulder as if I was trying to look. "You really think so?"

"Definitely." She smiled slapping my ass before leaning in a pecking my lips. "I love it."
——————

When I finally looked at the clock it was four thirty in the morning. I looked at Lauren who was still looking at me with the most tired but understanding expression, she was just taking in everything that I was telling her, and not judging me at all. Not that I thought she was going to judge me, I was just worried that telling her certain things was going to change her opinion of me and I didn't want that to happen.

"I haven't spoken to Josh since I got out of rehab and I don't ever plan on contacting him again." I stated. "I really should've listened to Ariana and Justin when she told me he was bad news."

"You made a mistake." Lauren responded looking at me sympathetically. "You were in a bad place."

"I know." I smiled at her before it fell again. "I just wish I didn't make so many. I mean what did I do during those months that wasn't a mistake."