Chapter 17

Your POV

I was sat on the couch in our studio as I was trying to play my guitar. It was annoying how my fingers wouldn't move the way I wanted them to make the notes. I struggled to play the first line of one of our new songs, which was just one chord.

"I'm leaving now." Lauren stated appearing at the door. "Are you sure your okay? I don't have to go, I'm sure they can handle a day without me."

"I'll be fine." I put my guitar down and stood up to meet her. "You can't miss rehearsals."

"Are you sure?" She asked hesitant to leave me home alone.

"I can take care of my self for a couple hours." I laughed. "Plus the doctors say I'm all better."

"I'm only twenty minutes away." She told me as she nodded. "Call me if you need anything."

"Don't worry about me." I laughed as I was now stood in front of her. "Concentrate on the fact that you're preforming at the Grammys next week."

"It's pretty cool isn't it." Lauren agreed finally allowing a smile onto her lips. "You're still coming with me to that right?"

"I wouldn't miss it." I smiled pecking her lips softly. "Now go. You have rehearsals."

"Okay," She giggled as she turned towards the door. "Call me if you need anything."

"I will." I agreed sitting back down and picking up my guitar. "I'll see you when you get home."

"See you then." She smiled quickly disappearing out the door and up over the stairs.

I looked down at the guitar in my hands and sighed. I could strum fine with my good hand but getting the other one into the right positions to play the notes wouldn't work, it even kind of hurt a bit.

After another hour of trying to play my guitar I got fed up and put it back down on it's stand. I made my way into the kitchen to look for something to drink, I opened the fridge and looked in not finding anything I actually wanted. I made my way over to the cabinet and opened the doors to see if there was anything else that wasn't in the fridge yet.

There were a few bottles of pop but nothing interesting until I noticed a bottle of whiskey off to the side. I picked it up and looked at it, I hadn't had a drink since the accident. I thought about it for a moment before looking to the clock which read three pm. Fuck it it's five o'clock somewhere and it's not like there's any medication stopping me anymore.

I took a glass out of the cupboard and poured some of the liquid into the glass before mixing it with some coke. I sat down at the island and took out my phone looking through twitter as I drank my drink.

@DamonStefanLover
I miss @Y/T/N she needs to come back and bless us with some guitar and vocals.

@Laurensgirl45
Man @LaurenJauregui and @Y/T/N have been so MIA for months. I miss my OTP.

@justinsjauregui
I miss @FinalFive. I know they just released an album but I need me some shows or interviews.

I need to get back to work. I miss playing shows and recording music.
Its been forever since we actually did anything as a group and it's all because of my stupid hand. I looked down at my bad hand opening and closing it. I quickly chugged my drink back and stood up.

Taking the bottle of whiskey with me I made my way downstairs and picked up my guitar again. Again, every sound that came out of it sounded horrible, nothing remotely close to music being heard. I plucked at the strings with my good hand for awhile before trying again. There was no pain this time as I tried moving my fingers into the right positions, my guess though, would be that that had something to down with what I was drinking.