Chapter 51

Your POV

I was sat in the living room after dinner watching the football game with my brothers. John had fallen asleep in my arms awhile ago but I continued to lightly rub my thumb across his back. He loved that, it always calmed him down and helped him sleep.

Lauren walked into the living room with a smile as she made her way over and sat on the arm of the chair I was in and wrapped her arm behind the back of my neck as I looked up at her. She smiled and leaned down to peck my lips.

"Can I talk to you when you get a minute?" She asked after a moment confusing me a little. I had no idea what it could be about.

"Something wrong?" I asked glancing between her and the sleeping baby in my arms.

"No." She smiled rubbing the back of my neck. "I just wanted to talk to you that's all."

"Okay." I smiled back. "Just give me a few minutes. I don't want to disrupt his nap too much and he just fell asleep."

"Alright, I'll be in the kitchen with the girls." She smiled standing up. "Come find me."

I watched as she walked away before looking back toward my youngest nephew. I thought for a moment about what Lauren might want to talk about, I really had no idea unless it was about something I'd said last night. Maybe it's about Kendall, I knew that was a mistake, I shouldn't have told her. She probably talked to the girls about it and now thinks it was more than just a hook up. I mean Kendall wasn't the only person I hooked up with. Hopefully I'm just over thinking it.

"I can take him now." Ally smiled down at me, I hadn't noticed her walk over. "He's due for a feed."

"But I just got him to fall asleep." I laughed as I handed her her baby who seemed to be waking from the movement.

"And I may need you to do that again later." She giggled a little. "Besides Lauren needs to talk to you. You can have him back after." She smiled. Maybe I wasn't overreacting if Ally already knew.

"Okay, I'll go find her. But I want my godson back afterward." I stated pointing a finger as I stood up and began walking toward the kitchen. "I need more baby cuddles."

As I walked toward the kitchen I could hear a loud cheer erupt from behind me, someone having obviously gotten a touch down in the football game. I walked threw into the kitchen and found most of the girls, including my sister and sister in law, sitting around the table drinking wine and talking. Lauren glanced toward me and quickly excused herself from the table.

"Let's go somewhere more private." She stated as she grabbed my hand.

I looked toward Camila who was closely watching our interaction before making eye contact with me. She gave me a knowing look and nodded with a small reassuring smile, though I couldn't tell if it was just her trying to stop me from worrying to much or if it was sincere. The girls all continued talking as Lauren lead me out of the room.

We walked up the stairs and into one of the guest bedrooms, Lauren closing the door and turning to look at me as I looked back at her confused. It was the same room I had gone to the day I had the worst headache I'd ever had, it was last thanksgiving. It was the one that made me think I needed more than the pain meds to help with all the pain I was in. I looked back at Lauren who was looking at me deep in thought, she still hadn't spoken.