Chapter 30

Laurens POV

"Okay, I'll be there in a second." I spoke through the phone, grabbing my keys off the table. "Just calm down."

"This is important." My manger stated. "You were supposed to be here an hour ago.

"I over slept." I replied locking my door as I stepped outside. "I'm sorry."

"You'll be sorry when you're next single flops." She shot back.

"Jeez, rude." I mumbled walking down the path to my car. "It's been a hard couple weeks Meg."

"I know, I'm sorry." She apologized. "I just want you to succeed, it's not often that I actually like my clients."

"If you like me so much you'd think you'd be nicer to me." I laughed a little starting up my car. "I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay, drive safe." She responded hanging up on her end.

I placed my phone in the cup holder between the seats as I pulled out of my driveway. I started driving toward the radio station where I was supposed to be debuting my next single that was released last night. I stayed up so late to see what people thought that I over slept my alarm that was set for this morning.

The last few weeks I've been busy, working on finishing up my album and doing publicity for my single. I pulled into the parking lot of that station and quickly jogged toward the entrance, there were quite a few fans waiting out there as I got closer they noticed me and my bodyguard, who had been watching from inside the building and ran out to help me.

"Omg Lauren!" I could hear yelling now and flashes.

"Lauren!" More screaming as a crowd gathered around me.

"Guys, I'm running late." I stated giving them a smile. "But I'll stop for pictures on the way out."

I smiled as my bodyguard made a path toward the door. He held it open for me and then followed me inside, where I found my manger Megan waiting  for me. She gave me a look and headed down the hall. I jogged to catch up with her as she got into the elevator and hit the fourth floor button.

"Hello to you too." I laughed a little and she handed me a piece of paper.

"You have..." She paused to look at her watch. "About five minutes to look over your talking points."

"Did you tell him not to ask about my personal life?" I asked glancing over the papers.

"Of course." She nodded. "But I can't stop him, you know what this guys like, rumours about your break up are spreading and Y/N's lifestyle at the moment isn't helping that."

"And this is live." I nodded. "I mean someone should address the rumours soon, they're getting out of hand."

"You aren't prepared for that." She glanced up at me from her phone as the elevator stopped. "How are you going to tell a radio host with millions of listeners about what happened when you can't even tell me without bursting into tears."

"I've been in the business long enough to know what not to say." I stated. "I'll just tell the truth or a version of it that doesn't make anyone look bad."

"You could use this to your advantage you know." She stated but I quickly shook my head. "This could really help with album sales and revenue, it could really put you on the map as a solo artist if you handle it the right way."