Kirishima x Reader- Oblivious Lovers

Start from the beginning

"I uh...I don't want to talk about it..." you answered, trying to hold in your tears. You held them in during your work study so the rest of the sidekicks in the agency you worked with wouldn't think you're inexperienced. You continued your walk to your dorm, when you disappeared the rest of your classmates looked between each other, concern evident in their eyes. A worried expression appeared on Kirishima's face, he wanted to go after you, to tell you a corny joke or fall flat on his face, whatever it would take to make you smile. Every nerve in his body told him the same thing:

Go, get up, go after her!

He was actually considering it, sprinting to your room, maybe it wasn't too late, maybe he could still make you smile. He felt a hand on his back, making him stiffen as Mina gave him a sympathetic look.
"I want to go after her too, we all do, but she needs her space."
"Yeah...I know..." Kirishima pouted, looking down the corner where you disappeared.

I hope she's alright...I've never seen her like that before...

-Timeskip 1 week-

Even though Kirishima was supposed to keep his head on patrolling and watching out for suspicious activity, he couldn't help but keep thinking about you. Even though you were called out at different times of the day, you still came home the same way.

"W...what's going on over there?" Kirishima was broken out of his endless cycle of bad thoughts by Tamaki's shy questioning, pointing to the sleek black cars and several people standing around along with yellow tape.

"It's a crime scene, there was a murder here about a week ago. Try not to look, it's actually pretty brutal." Fatgum warned the two as they kept walking. Kirishima kept his gaze down, but something caught his eye, (H/C) hair. Against Fatgum's warning, he looked up to take a better look.

It couldn't be...it is... Kirishima's stomach filled with dread at the sight of you. The bags under your eyes from a lack of sleep were more prominent than ever during class, your usually bright (E/C) eyes were now dulled and bloodshot as your body trembled like a leaf despite your best efforts to keep your shaking under control. He hated seeing you like this, he hated seeing what the thing you wanted to do most was hurting you so much. He imagined himself running over and taking you away from the horror you were forced to witness over and over with your quirk. He imagined convincing Fatgum to let you join his agency as a work study and continue patrol with him as he got you all sorts of your favorite foods, anything to make you happy and smiling again. He imagined hugging you the tightest he could and whisper to you how everything's going to be ok, and you'll never have to see stuff like that ever again. He knew that it was impossible, he couldn't even do that for you, even if he could you said that you wanted to do investigative work. It was what you had your heart set on since he first met you, he couldn't take you away from something you wanted to do.

"Hey Fatgum, long time no see!"

"Sherlock! It's nice to see ya, is that your agency over there?"
Wow...he really does look like Sherlock from the books...
"Yep, I was just getting some coffee for my agency, they've been working real hard. Especially my new work study."
"Oh, you finally qualified for a work study?"
"I qualified a long time ago for a work study Fatgum, I just wasn't interested, but Spirit Eye really caught my attention. It's thanks to her quirk we've gotten as far as we have, it still would've taken quite a while to get to where we're at now with my quirk." Kirishima's breath caught, Spirit Eye was your hero name, because even though you smelled an object close to the victim, you eyes would darken slightly as you saw where they were.

"Well we know the guy has some kind of explosion quirk, Spirit Eye couldn't see his face but she says that he describes his quirk to the last surviving victim. He can basically make water explode at a fifty foot radius, which is how he killed his victims. We still don't know his motivation even though Spirit Eye saw the last moments of most of the victims. All she could say was that he definitely knew them."