Bruno Mars

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger nowOur song on the radio but it don't sound the same

Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same

Bruno laid on his queen sized mattress that he previously torn apart. The bed was flipped on the cold wooden floors. Pillows and clothes tossed everywhere. The anger and pain getting to him so deep that all he could feel was a dark shadow looming over him. A bottle of Jack in one hand pressed against his heart. As his other hand grip tightly to the pillow of the woman he lost. The only sounds came from the background. Yours and his song Marry You. The song ringing in his ears.

When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

You sat in a dimly lit bar with a couple of your friends. You guys are on your weekly girl night, but it didn't feel the same. It has been a month since you and him had separated. And all you could think about still to this day is him. You always wondered what he is doing, where he's at, how he's feeling. But you know you shouldn't think about it. Because all it does is bring you pain. You take a sip of your Jack and Coke before zoning back into the conversation.

"Y/n. Have you talked to Bruno lately?" Gabby one of your friends asked. Her facial features looked concerned. And her hand lightly rubbed against your arm.

You choked on your drink and felt some tears start to form in your eyes. You put your hand over your mouth and quickly shake your head no and look down at your lap. You hated hearing his name. It brought you so much pain to think about it. But you couldn't do anything about it, everyone around you is always talking about him; you would hear his name on the radio. Or what used to be your song playing in the car.

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh hoo hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance

3 years earlier

It was valentines day. The day of love. But that wasn't all it was today. As well as love it is also your 24th birthday. You could not wait to get home and cuddle all day with the love of your life. And dance to your favorite song together like you do every year. Bruno is all you ever thought about. And being with him was your favorite thing to do.
As you got home, you walked in the door calling for Bruno. After not getting an answer you walked around the condo looking for him. Where could he possibly be? You grab your phone off the kitchen counter and sit on a stole. Scrolling through your phone you find no calls or texts.

Getting worried that something happened you call him. After the second ring your call was forwarded. You roll your eyes and call back again, still no answer. Maybe he's at the store or something so you go to the living room. And then turn on your favorite TV show.

For five hours you sit on the couch waiting. You could feel yourself getting upset, but did not want to jump to conclusions. Your phone dings and you jump up to reach it.

"Happy birthday babe"

But the text wasn't from the one person you wanted it to be. You send a quick thank you text back your friend. You with and hop on Instagram going straight to Brunos page.

You feel a wave of shock rush through your body as you see a picture of him with some woman sitting in his lap. They seemed to be in a really cozy position. With her kissing his cheek. You had always been a sensitive person. Seeing this made your heart crack.

You were not only upset that he had some woman on his lap. You're upset that he forgot what today was. You were sad that he didn't even leave you a bouquet of flowers like he did every single year for your birthday. Or even answered your calls. This wasn't the first time he had forgotten something or made you cry. But this was the most important time of all. You would never forget his birthday. So why did he forget yours. Even you could not answer that.

Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man
My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, oh
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

3 years later

Bruno came home one night and walked straight to his bedroom not paying attention to his surroundings. He plopped on the bed falling straight to sleep. Not noticing that all y/n clothes and things were missing from the house. When he wakes up he will have one hell of a morning.

It all just sounds like ooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

1 year later

Your arms were wrapped around your new boyfriend neck as you danced in the middle of a dance floor. What you didn't know was that Bruno stood on the other side of the dance floor with a group of friends. He could feel pain deep into his bones. But he could not admit that he messes up. Seeing you with this new guy made everything worse.

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong

You felt like it was finally time to forgive Bruno for everything in the past. If you never forgive him, you would always have this little black cloud following you around. You needed this so you could move on.

"I just want to say..im sorry" you quietly said as you smiled at your past lover. It was hard seeing him. But it was even harder knowing this would be the last time you ever see him again.

You guys had meet at a coffee shop. And it kind of felt like you were meeting again for the first time. But still different.

"What do you have to say sorry for? I'm the one that ruin our relationship" he spoke.

"I know but I just wanted to make you feel better. But I am partially to blame. Maybe I didn't give you enough" you said looking away from his brown eyes.

"You gave me everything" he said grabbing your hand.

Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know
I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man

"But I know he can give you more. So please make sure he does all the things I didn't do. Even though I still love you, your better off without me" Bruno told you before standing up and leaving.

It was the last time you guys have ever seen each other. But you never forgot.