Dylan O'Brien

My back layed flat on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. I felt a ton of different emotions running through my body at the moment. Anger, sadness, and crushing disapointment. Today was suposed to be the day my husband spends time with me. I know its not much, but it's all I ask of him. Hes a busy man with filming and I understand that. My birthday and our anniversary is the only days I ask for.

I dont want to sound like that clingy wife. But I miss him a lot and he never has time for me. I knew what I was getting into when I married him. And I'm not even angry that hes not here just yet. I'm just upset that he hasn't called or checked in.

Not a happy anniversary. Nothing. I usaully feel like our marriage is one sided. Because even when he is here he again never wants to spend time with me. He wants to sleep or go out with the guys. I would have no problen with that if he just gave me one day.

I wondered what he could possibly be doing right now. He was supposed to be back already from his flight at three am this morning. Its now almost midnight and I haven't heard from him. Maybe I should call. Yeah maybe he just got hung up on something. Hes fine, right?

I sit up from our bed and reach over for my phone. I find his number and quickly press the call button.

"Hello?" His groggy voice answers. I am instantly hit with loud music and screaming people from his phone. Why did I even bother to ask? Ges partying as always. He never even asks me to go with him.

"Dylan where are you?" I asked.

"Uh...im out with the guys. Why?" He asked. He almost sounded irritated that I called him. I should be the annoyed one.

"You promised today was ours" I snapped. I alnost have had it up to here with him. Hes always drinking or gone. Im about done. I dont know how much more I can handle.

"Shit I forgot. Its not like today's important we can do something anyday" he tried to say.

"Any day. Really dylan today's-"

"Look. I have a flight tommorw morning to Atlanta for filming. But I'll be back in two weeks. We can do whatever you want then" he explained.

" Dylan no-"

"Look I gotta go-"

"Dylan" I interrupted.

"Dylan..." BEEP

I stared at the phone in disbelief. Hes been doing this shit way to much lately. I cant believe he didn't remeber what today was. He asked me to marry him, not the other way around. I love him to much to do anything about it. But I need to stand up for myself.

Three weeks later

Dylan's pov-

I unlocked the doors to my house walking in. I closed the door setting my keys on the counter and headed straight for the kitchen. Opening the fridge I pulled out a beer and a slice of cold pizza.

"Y/n I'm home" I called out.

I was quite suprised that y/n had not met me at the front door. She would always rush to the door and greet me with a kiss when I got home.

To think of it the house was oddly silent and my wife still hadn't answered me. I finsished my food and grabbed my drink heading up to our room. Maybe she was just asleep. She liked taking naps in the middle of the day. I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

I opened the door and was met with nothing. She wasnt laying on the bed. It was perfectly made but I could see a piece of paper sitting on the bed.

Walking over I took a seat and picked up the paper. Why would she leave a note. She could have called me. .

Dear Dylan...

I really didn't know how to say this, so I wrote it instead. I know this is a crappy way to put things. But it was the only way I could without breaking down. Believe me I am a mess as I write this. I just cant be this anymore. Whatever this or us is its killing me. I have been trying really hard to make this work but I think I have lost hope now.

There are a lot of problems between us that I had just been pushing aside. We fight all the time when your around, which is rarely. You never make time for me anymore I always have to try and make the time. You just never show up. When your home your body is here but not your presence. When we do talk we just end up hurting eachothers feelings. You take me for granted and just do whatever you want never consider my feelings. You never tell me good morning, or kiss me. I do it instead. You never ask me how I feel even after you had seen me crying. If your now wondering I was crying about us.

Sometimes I'm jealous that you can just go out of this house and do whatever you want. That you never look back and see what you have right in front of you.

I cant put all the blame on you. Maybe its my fault. Maybe im not a good wife. I couldn't give you the one thing you wanted. We both wanted kids but I just didn't have the ability. That's all my fault. I think when we both found out I couldn't have kids was when our relationship started to fall apart. Slowly but surely we pushed eachother away. Im sorry I couldn't be the wife and make the perfect little family we wanted.

But it will be fine in the end. Were young, your twenty seven and making the best movies and shows ever. You'll eventually fall in love with another. I always had that fear that you would find someone else while we are together. I guess the one good thing that was left in our marriage. We were both so loyal even if we sometimes had doubts.

I always thought we would be together forever. But our story ends here.

I love you but love without reson is painful.

Yours truly Y/N.

The irony is she was no longer mine.

Tears spilled at my eyes as I angrily tried to wipe them away. Ripping the paper up I screamed and smashed my beer against the wall before sliding to the ground and sobbing. Nothing she said was wrong. And I knew I had been neglectful. I just always though she would follow me to the ends of the earth.