27

I didn't know why I felt so anxious until I drove past Taehyung's house. His empty driveway made me understand why I felt weird. He wasn't going to meet me at my locker today as he usually did. He wasn't going to show up.

But it wasn't like he had left forever. I would be ok. I could survive a day without Kim Taehyung.

I sent him a text wishing him a safe trip. He texted back in less than 5 minutes which calm my nerves.

I was surprised to see Yoongi waiting by my locker when I was walking towards it. He gave me a small wave when he saw me. "Good morning, Rena." He spoke when I stopped in front of my locker.

"Morning, Yoongs." I answered, then mentally smacked myself. I don't know why I called him that, nor why it came out so casually. My cheeks grew red as I tried to correct myself and fight the urge to slap the smirk that was growing on his face, off. "Don't think nothing of it. I don't know why I called you that!"

He let out a laugh, shaking his head. "Chill. It's cool. Yoongs it is. You're cute sometimes, it's funny."

The redness on my cheeks weren't going away any time soon. I huffed, embarrassed and turned my attention to my locker. "Why are you here?"

"Just wanted to walk you to class today." He casually, replied. "If you don't mind." He added, a small smile still on his face.

This was new. I looked around to see if I could spot Taylor. She usually greeted me at my locker every morning, but she was nowhere to be seen. I fought the feeling of loneliness before it could try to hit me.

Yoongi's presence was also helping. Something about his aura was relaxing to me. I finally looked back at him and nodded my head. "I don't mind." I admitted, closing my locker. "But only if it's not going out your way." I didn't want him late to his first period.

He mockingly gasp, placing a hand over his heart. "She cares."

I rolled my eyes, and started to walk away. He easily fell in place with me. "I'm joking. I know you care even if you act like you don't." He winked. "But seriously, I'm not going out my way. Even if I was. I'm doing what I want to do."

Because Min Yoongi doesn't move for anything except his own interests. That thought alone completely made me feel at ease as we walked in silence. I knew that Yoongi always thought about me with his actions, the things he say and didn't say. It's crazy but at this moment, I got the feeling Yoongi wouldn't forget about me. I felt safe.

I don't know what came over me but when we stopped before we got to my class's door, I hugged him. It surprised the both of us. I awkwardly let him go when I realized what I did.

He chuckled and took a step back, staring at me, amused. "If I knew I would get a hug just from walking you to your class, I would've tried it awhile ago."

"I—.." My heart was pounding so hard because all I could think about was how good he had smelled, and that I allowed myself to get that close to him. "Gotta blast!" I didn't look back as I left him in the hallway and practically used instant transmission to my desk.

Why do I always end up embarrassing myself?

My phone buzzed and I instantly checked it. While trying to calm down my dramatic teenage heart.

1wordGenius: rena's cute @ everyone

hopeWorld101: ikr. lets give it up for rena

taylorisme: awww. the smell of youth. i love it.

freckledfacebeauty: she's blushing as we type these messages. i see her as i'm walking. so cute

1wordGenius: making her embarrassed is the highlight of my day