14 (Short chapter)

"Marcella, I don't think you should do that." I commented on what she was telling me as we walked into third period. "Those chemicals aren't going to mix nice."

"It's going to be fine. When Tae tell you how successful our chemistry presentation was, you're going to think Marcella is a real life genius." She reassured me. "Who's that girl talking to Yoongi?" She asked, curiously when she noticed the girl that I had already did.

"I'm not sure. She looks familiar though."

Yoongi cracked a smile, then let out a little laugh. My eyebrows furrowed at this. I never seen Yoongi laugh at something a girl said. I've never actually seen him pay attention to anyone really. Well I did use to think he was the devil's spawn, that's probably why.

Was this the girl he liked?

"Hey Yoongi." Marcella greeted him as I sat down at my desk.

The blonde girl got up from where she was squatting to talk to him, "We'll meet up later." She said to him, he nodded his head and she left our area, quietly.

They'll meet up later.

That had to be the girl he liked. Yoongi isn't going to waste energy on just anyone. I was convinced now.

But oddly enough, I didn't feel satisfied knowing this information.

"Woohoo, earth to Rena. You okay?" Yoongi's voice entered my ear. He was leaning on his desk, looking at me. His eyes were analyzing me carefully before the worried glint disappeared, and he leaned back in his chair. "We're suppose to be working on our project in class today."

"Who was that girl you were talking to?" The question rolled off my tongue before I could stop it. I cursed myself mentally. "Wait, no. That's not what I wanted to ask."

He raised an eyebrow up and scratched his cheek. "I'm confused. You really don't know her? She's been going to school with us for years."

"I guess I never paid any attention to her." I replied. "But it seems like you do. Is that the girl you like?"

"I'm starting to think someone's jealous." Marcella butted in the conversation. "but i'm not going to say any names."

"Are you jealous, Rena?" Yoongi ask, poking the back of my elbow with his pencil. "It does sound like it for someone that say they wouldn't care if I dated anyone."

"Why would I be jealous?" I rolled my eyes, frowning. "Yoongi and I are only friends. I don't think I've liked anyone since Taehyung."

Yoongi amused expression dropped at my words. "You actually use to like your best friend, Taehyung?" He sounded put off.

Marcella looked over too. "Really?"

"Yeah, years ago." I shrugged my shoulders. It wasn't a big deal. "He was my first crush and kiss."

"I'm surprised." Marcella said. "But I'm not surprised. Usually friends that are in each other's lives for that long are more likely to be each other's first everything. It's cool that you guys are still close as ever."

I nodded my head. "Tae's pretty amazing. Sometimes."

"Question." Yoongi spoke, and I turned around to face him all the way. He had a serious expression on his face mixed with curiosity. He licked his lips before opening his mouth to speak. "How can someone get close to you like how Tae is? How do one enter your world for you to see them as someone you truly care about?" His gaze was so intense that I started to feel flustered. He honestly wanted to know.

"Tae paid attention to me when no one else did." I said, my voice low. "just show me you care and i'll show you that I do too."

His piercing stare didn't leave mine as he let the words sink. He slowly nodded his head. "I think I've been doing a great job doing that. How will I know if you care about me?"

"Yoongi, if I didn't care about you. I wouldn't be talking to you outside of this project. I don't like wasting my time." I responded, "You should already know that since you're so observant."

A small smile grew on his face, but his eyes stayed serious. "And Rena, you should know that I care about you. Since you're so observant too."

Both of our phones buzzed and I palmed my face at the notification. Marcella was added to our group chat this morning and read every single message to catch up.

FreckledFaceBeauty: #RENAGI is REAL