42

I quietly slipped into my seat in 3rd period. I pulled out my pen, slowly twisting it around in my fingers as I let my myself drift off into my thoughts.

My pen being pulled out of my hand knocked me back to reality. I blinked, noticing Yoongi staring at me with a small frown on his face. My pen was in his hand and I reached out to take it back. "That's not a nice way to greet people." I stated.

He moved the pen so I couldn't get it. "I've called your name multiple times but you were completely zoned out." His expression switched from annoyed to worried. "What's wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong." I lied, "Can I get my pen back? I was actually thinking about different things to write."

He gave me a pointed look but dropped my pen back in my waiting hand. "Right. Well my bad for disturbing your creative process."

"Yup, your bad." I repeated, turning around. I mentally praised myself for acting normal.

Yoongi laid his head on his desk, softly humming. My hand tightened around my pen as I thought about how carefree he was for someone who knew they were leaving during the summer but haven't told me yet.

"I have a little free time on my hands this saturday evening, do you want to go to the lake near the park?" Yoongi asked, his head popping up.

"The lake?" I turned around in my seat to face him. "Yeah that sounds peaceful. We should make it into a small picnic."

"I'm always one step ahead of you." He grinned, leaning up. "I'll be doing the cooking. Prepare to be amazed."

Why was he so happy when he was going to leave? I don't understand it. But I was also too scared to bring it up because then it'll make to official. I'll push those thoughts to the back of my mind for now. He looked too happy and I didn't want to ruin it.

I gave him a small smile, and reached over his desk to flick his forehead. "You know you're kind of cute, suga."

He touched his forehead and blinked at me, "Did you really just..?" His ears were turning red. He squinted his eyes at me and rubbed his forehead. "Don't call me cute." He mumbled as he placed his head back on his desk to cover his face.

"Is the number one genius, Min Yoongi, embarrassed??" I gasped, mockingly. "How cute!!"

He kicked the back of my chair and said, "I don't know what's going into you lately but it needs to be stop."

"Yeah, yeah. Where's the teacher? and Where's Marcy?" I said, finally noticing neither of them were in the classroom.

"They can stay away for as long as they need to. I need a nap." Yoongi yawned. "Goodnight."

My phone vibrated and I looked to see a text from Marcy. I shook my head as I read it. She had accidentally bumped into our teacher, who had coffee in her hand, and it spilled on the both of them. I've never met anyone more clumsy than her.

I laid my head down on my desk too. I also needed a nap I haven't been sleeping well and it was catching up to me.

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder. I instinctively pushed their arm away and mumbled, "Taehyung, go away. Why did they let you in here again?" I yawned, not opening my eyes. My parents always let him in when they knew I was sleeping. Curse them.

"I'm not Taehyung and our class is over with, dummy."

My eyes popped open at the sound of Yoongi's voice. Oh crap, he was right. We were still in school, weren't we?

"Crap, I'm tired." I said, rubbing my eyes. "Sorry Yoongi, I forgot I was in school. Thank you for waking me up."

He eyed me, with a hint of worry in his eyes. "Are you sleeping ok? You've looked tired the past few days. You know you don't have to hide anything from me." He said.