19

"I don't get it." I said, pushing my math homework to the side. "I don't get it, and I've lost interest."

Jhope reached over the table and thumped me on the forehead. "You asked for my help and I'm giving it to you. I'm not sitting in this library for nothing. You're going to learn something, idiot."

"If I'm an idiot, then I'm not going to learn anything." I reluctantly picked my pencil back up. "Okay. Show me one more time."

He picked up his pencil, scooting his chair closer to mine. "After I do a step, I'll let you copy right after. That way I know you're following me and not pretending to understand."

Hoseok would make a good teacher one day if he lost the insults that happens to sprang out his mouth ever so often.

"Wow. I understood it." I said, impressed by him. "Jhope, you're actually good for something. Thank you."

"That's just one problem. Do the next three by yourself." He replied, then reached out to thumped me again. "And I'm good at everything."

I glared at him for thumping me again. I started on the three problems, praying they wouldn't be hard to do. I needed to get a high grade on this math test to boast about to Yoongi. We had the same math teacher, but different periods when we saw her. I was determined to get a higher grade at something.

"You remember when I first met you and I kept trying to get you to smile because I never saw you smile." Jhope said, randomly, looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked, concentrating on the problem, cursing mentally because it wasn't as easy as the first one.

A kind, proud smile grew on his face as he fully looked at me. "You're smiling more lately. Not as much as I want you to but your smiles have becoming more genuine as of late."

My pencil stopped moving as I digest his words. He could be on to something. I turned to look at him and said, "Wow... You're really creepy, Hoseok."

He grabbed his chest, dramatically while giving me a hurt look. "Creepy? I thought I was your favorite senior. Since Jin came around you've been acting different."

"It could be because of Namjoon and his dimples. Those things should be illegal." I said. "His whole face should be illegal."

"Damn, two other men?" Jhope threw his hands up. "Are you tryna outdo me with the most hoes?"

"Jhope, if me having two hoes means I'm out doing you with having the most hoes. Do you even have any?" I questioned, squinting at him. "jgetalldahoeshope, was it all a lie?"

He looked at me as if he was staring at the invisible camera on the show the office. "I guess you can say.. I've been caught in a lie."

"Ummm. okay." I said, mumbling the word weirdo under my breath. "Alright let me get back to this stuff that I'll never ever use again after I graduate."

"I'll sit here and daydream while you take about two hours on three problems." He sighed.

"Thank you again for helping me, jhope." I told him as we walked out the library from the tutoring session. "You were piece of my peace today."

Before he could reply, Yoongi appeared out of nowhere with a serious look on his face. His hand was out in front of him as he looked at Jhope. He was obviously annoyed. "Give it to me."

By the dumb expression on Jhope's face, whatever Yoongi was talking about. Jhope had it.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Yoongi." Jhope laughed, scratching the back of his head. "You've got the wrong person."