Chapter 8 : Laughter and Smiles

Start from the beginning

"Your guy does!" He uttered, and then continued, "But action is okay once in a while and if it's peppered with romance. Or if it has really ...pretty actresses."

Anika smiled, the phrase 'your guy' still ringing in her head. "I am a hundred percent sure you were not thinking of the world pretty." She gave a smug grin.

He chuckled chewing on his lower lip. Leaning on the table, meeting her gaze he said a "you caught me!" Then immediately winked. Anika's cheeks flushed and she smiled looking aside. "And I am a hundred percent sure you haven't ever been in a relationship or even dated anyone before!" He spoke confidently staring at her.

She narrowed her eyes at him, "how did you know?" 

"You cannot keep eye contact for too long. Especially, when I am trying to flirt." This time Anika's cheeks were like heated furnaces. She could feel the heat till the tip of her ears. "There see. You give away most of your inexperience through your face. But that's a good thing. It shows how naturally honest you are." He passed her a smile placing his hand on hers and giving it a light squeeze. Anika smiled meeting his eyes through her eyelashes. Damn, he was a total charmer and she was absolutely falling for his charm. 

* * *

" I miss you already!" Anika's lips were stretched wide upwards reading that text from him. It was just fourteen hours since she last saw him. 

"Getting flirty on text messages also!" She replied biting her lower lip. 

"I wasn't this way before. I think it's because of you." She giggled reading his text.

Hurriedly she began typing a reply. "Got some work to do. Will catch up later!" 

* * * 

"How was your day?" He smiled reading from the drop-down notifications, to find that the beeping was a text from her. "Guys, I am tired. Good night!" He faked a yawn before his brothers who looked at him rather bewildered. 

"You just came.." Omkara pointed out. "Yeah, but I am tired. I came by to just say good night!" Shivaay gave a brief explanation.

"Stay for some time, I will tell what happened in college today." Rudra smiled giving a look that said, 'you wouldn't want to miss out'. 

Shivaya faked yet another yawn. "Tomorrow Rudy! I am too sleepy today!" 

"You are a  terrible actor, Shivaay!" Omkara commented gradually looking up from the book he was reading. Rudra looked at Omkara for an explanation. "It's Anika I guess. He saw his phone, smiled and then started to fake yawns." 

Shivaay wanted to lie but decided against it. "Whatever guys. Good night!"

"By the way Bhaiya, what do you guys chat about?" Rudra asked grinning. Omkara stifled his laughter. 

"101 ways to deal with Rudra Singh Oberoi!" Shivaay stated sarcastically and walked out.

Omkara laughed patting Rudra's back. "Our brother has love-aria, he is in the process of falling for his wife-to-be. His life is basically doomed. Trust me."

Rudra rolled his eyes and began again, "Anyways do you want to know.."

"Let's save the gossip till tomorrow. I am certain Shivaay doesn't want to miss out." Omkara cut him off quickly, making a beeline for the door. There was no way he was sitting and listening to Rudra's stupid cliche nonsense.

"Where are you going now?" Rudra asked although having a strong guess that it was one of the flings again.

"I have a party to attend!" Omkaar answered. Rudra rolled his eyes like he didn't know what was the party Om was referring to. His both brothers were doomed in a way! One stuck with fiancee and the other stuck with a new lady every now and then. Shaking his head he decided to try putting efforts into the presentation due on Friday.