neglected//e.d - pt2

AN// and this is the part 2 to neglected//e.d :) this book is coming to a close end and its making me sad. this book did so much better than my original dolan twins imagine book, and i know why. my writing has gotten so much better over the months, and ive only loved writing more as time passes. thank you for all being here, i love you all so so much <3

(third person pov)

"How'd it go?" He asked as she handed him the slip of paper. Ethan stood up and Adeline sighed. "New prescription?" He asked. She nodded and he grabbed his phone off the seat.

"I only have to take it twice a day now," She told him, a small smile on her face. Ethan kissed her head and held the door open for her as they left the office.

She'd started seeing a psychiatrist. Once they'd talked to y/n in the morning, and many, many tears later, they'd decided this was the best. They wanted her to get better. She wanted to get better.

"How're you feeling?" He asked. Adeline nodded as she got into the passenger seat.

"Better, I think," She said with a smile. She reached for the other half of the apple that she'd left in the cup holder before or appointment. "I think I'm gonna do it," She said.

"Do what?" Ethan started the car as he looked over at her. She sighed.

"Tell the school," She said quietly. Ethan stopped pulling out of the lot and looked over at her.

"You really want to?" He asked. She nodded and he pulled her into a hug and she smiled, leaning over the middle of the car. "I'm proud of you princess," He said as he kissed her head.

"I think it'll give me closure," She said. Ethan nodded and smiled, finally pulling out of the parking lot. "Dad?" She asked in a few moments. Ethan looked at her.

"Yeah?" He asked. "I'm listening, just wanted you to finish," He said. She shook her head.

"No I was gonna ask if you wanted to come with me," She said. E raised his eyebrows. "When I tell the school?" She asked. Ethan nodded.

"Do you want me to be there?" He asked. She nodded. "I'll come, princess, of course I'll come," He said with a smile.

God, he was so proud of her.

"Thank you," She said with a smile. Ethan smiled and squeezed her hand, bringing it up to kiss it. Adeline laughed, pulling it away.

---

"You wanted to speak with me?" Mr. Marios said, coming to sit at his desk. Adeline's hands shook in her lap and Ethan took notice, taking one of her hands in his, calming her.

He was right here.

"I want to- I want to file a report," Adeline managed out. Ethan nodded and her principle raised his eyebrows. "I want to- I want to report an- an incident."

"Alright, Ms. Dolan, what may this be?" He asked. Adeline looked up at Ethan who just nodded, telling her to take her time.

"I- last- a few months ago," She started. Mr. Marios sat back in his chair and Ethan looked down at his lap, letting out a breath. She was going to be okay. "At a party, I-" Mr. Marios cut her short.

"The school cannot be held accountable for anything that happens out of school property," He said. Ethan clenched his fist. "If it's serious you'll have to see the police for proper-" She cut him off.

"Can I please finish?" She asked. Ethan smiled at her courage and Mr. Marios nodded, sitting back, "A student, another student, took advantage of me," She said, her hands shaking again. Ethan sighed, rubbing her back.