breakfast//e.d

(y/n pov)

You opened your eyes slowly and stretched your arms above your head. Sighing you looked to your right to see the side empty. You sat up rubbing your eyes as you heard a pan fall downstairs. Figuring it was just Ethan working out early you stretched and smiled once again.

You looked over at your one year old, now staring at you from his crib, bouncing up and down in his crib, wide awake. You smiled before getting out of bed to go to him. "Hello my love," You said picking him up. You smiled as he let out a tiny laugh. "Let's get you out," You whispered.

You brought Justin to the bathroom and sat him on the counter while you did your thing. After brushing your own teeth, you rubbed the little rubber toothbrush over his few teeth. He laughed and you smiled, kissing him on the forehead. Washing both his face and yours you picked him up and out of the room.

Walking downstairs with Justin on your hip, you peeked your head into your other two kids' room. Empty. Eyebrows furrowed, you made your way downstairs. Sighing you walked into the kitchen, and your eye widened a little at the sight. You stepped back.

Ethan was standing at the stove, and it was clear how much flour he had in his hair. You sighed as you saw Julian bent over a large bowl of something while James was sitting on the counter eating some of the batter Julian was mixing. You leaned against the door as Ethan dropped the spatula.

"Fuck," You winced as he cursed and went over to wash the spatula. You shook your head as the water splashed all of him and he cursed again. You smiled as you watched him try to flip a pancake, but drop it on the floor instead. "Shit," You shook your head again.

You looked back over at Julian as Ethan grabbed the bowl from him to pour some more of what seemed to be pancake batter. As Julian began to mix it again, he looked up at you. You untangled Justin's fingers from your hair as Julian turned to Ethan. "Dad," He started, looking back at you.

"Hold on, buddy, let me flip..." Ethan trailed off as he tried to flip the pancake.

"Dad." Julian tried again. Ethan sighed loudly.

"Wait a sec bu-"

"DAD!" Ethan turned to face him. He looked over at Julian who had his finger pointed to you. Ethan looked over at you and groaned.

"Well good morning to you too." You said as you moved Justin to your other hip. "What's going on here?" You asked with a laugh.

"No, no you're supposed to go back to bed," You looked over at James as he spoke. "We're making you breakfast Mom," James said. You smiled and ruffled his hair as you made your way over.

"Well," Ethan crossed his arms over his chest as you inspected the kitchen. "After breakfast, who's cleaning this up?" You looked at the boys as they stared at each other, shaking their heads.

"Not me," The three of them said. You sighed and looked at Ethan.

"Ethan?" He groaned as he finally flipped the now burned pancake. "Well." You said again laughing.

"Mom, look we made you coffee!" James said. You looked over to see the 5-year-old handing you a mug of coffee with his bare hands. Raising your eyebrows, you took the mug from him and took a sip. "Is it delicious?" James asked. You nodded.

"Oh yeah, magnificent." He beamed at you, and you smiled. "It's a little cold but it'll do," You said. You smiled as he looked over at Julian.

"Mom, I made you fruit." Julian said. You looked over at the 8-year-old as he pointed at the plate. "Well I didn't make it but I cut it all up for you." He confirmed. You laughed as you looked at the fruit.

You sighed. "Ethan, you let him cut it with a butter knife? "You asked as you looked at the squished up fruit. "Oh my god," You laughed.

"Well, I didn't want him to get hurt," Ethan mumbled. You smiled. "Well, we tried," He said looking at the boys. They laughed.

"Okay, Julian take your brother..." You handed the oldest Justin and he took him in his arms. "Don't drop him, and go get dressed. Me and Dad'll figure this out." Julian nodded as he took Justin upstairs, James closed by him.

You turned to Ethan. He sighed, "I just wanted to surprise you," He mumbled. You laughed and wrapped your arms around his neck. He put the spatula down before wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Where did this come from, baby?" You asked, still laughing. He pulled away to look at you, a smile on his face too. "This is so random." You said.

"Well, Gray did it..." He trailed off. You sighed. "What, I just wanted to be cute." He said. You kissed his cheek.

"You're adorable, but Ethan, Gray knows how to cook," You made your way over to stove and turned it off. "You don't." You said. He sighed.

"It's the thought that counts?" He asked. You nodded as he wrapped his arms around you. You tasted the pancake batter and winced. "What?" Ethan asked you.

"Did you even taste this?" You put a little bit of batter in his mouth and he winced too. "It's salty, baby," You said, dumping the rest of the batter in the sink.

"I think we might've used salt instead of sugar," You nodded back at him as you threw the few burnt pancakes in the garbage. You put the plates in the sink. You turned to see Ethan drinking your cold coffee as you sighed. "I mean, at least we tried." You nodded and placed a kiss on his lips.

You cleaned up the kitchen, putting the squished bowl of fruits on the table as well as cereal. Ethan watched you clean and sighed. "What?" You asked, looking over as you pulled the milk out from the fridge.

"I want another one," He said. You looked over confused. He put the empty mug in the sink.

"Coffee?" You asked. You turned on the machine for yourself. "After me," You said smiling.

"No, I want a baby," You looked over at him, a smile on his face. "Please?" Your eyes widened.

"Ethan we have 3," You said as you wiped down the counter of flour. "Can we really take care of another?" You asked, sighing.

"I want a girl, babbbyyy..." He trailed off. He wrapped his arms around you and you laughed. "We have 3 boys it's time for a girl." He stated. You laughed, shaking your head, taking your mug into your hands.

"We can't control that, my love," You said, as he kissed your cheek.

"We can try," He winked at you, before looking over at your sons coming down the stairs.

Ethan took Justin from Julian's arms and brought him to the table. He sat down with the baby in his lap as the other 2 joined him. You sat down with them as they began to make a mess while pouring cereal into their bowls. You smiled to yourself.

"Well, I guess breakfast has been served my loves," You said, grabbing your own bowl.