piercing//g.d

(y/n pov)

"Mom, mom, look!" Dylan yelled as Grayson followed him through the door. You smiled, resting the broom against the banister and walked over.

Dropping his backpack on the floor he ran over to you, arms up. You bent down to hug him as you spotted the shiny thing on his ear. "Dylan?" You asked, pulling away, looking at the little dangly thing- one identical to his father's.

"Mom! We got my ears pierced!" The 5-year-old yelled. You looked up at Grayson, a smile on his face as he leaned against the wall. Anger filled you. "It looks just like dad's!" He said, jumping up and down, You frowned as you stood up, eyes on Grayson.

"What's wrong, babe?" Grayson asked, walking towards you. You sighed, a hand on your forehead.

"Do I look cool now, mom?" He asked. You looked down at him and he grinned. "I didn't even cry, It didn't even hurt!" He exclaimed, quite proud of himself. You sighed.

"You let his get his ears pierced?" You asked Grayson. He looked confused, handing you the bag.

"Yeah, why not, here's the stuff to-" You cut him off and Grayson looked taken aback.

"You couldn't have asked me before getting our son's ears pierced?" You asked, on the verge of yelling. "What the hell, Grayson?" Grayson's eyebrows furrowed.

"He wanted to, you were talking about getting Axel's ears pierced, so when he asked I-" You cut Grayson off again.

"Grayson, he looks like a fu-" You cut yourself short, looking down at Dylan, silently watching his parents fight. You sighed. "Why don't you go upstairs and start your homework, baby?" You asked him. Dylan nodded slowly and grabbed his bag, running up the stairs.

"Why are you making this such a big deal, it's not like he got a tattoo, calm down, y/n," Grayson said, crossing his arms over his chest. "He wanted to, okay?"

"So if he wanted to drive your car, you'd let him do that too?" You asked. Grayson let out a breath, rolling his eyes, turning from you, to hang up his keys. "You couldn't have fucking asked me?" You yelled. Grayson turned to you, now just as pissed as you were.

"He's my son too, y/n, get that around your head!" He yelled. You took a step back at how loud he was and sighed. "Y/N, it's just a piercing, calm down!" He yelled again.

"I'm his mother, Grayson, you should've told me!" You said to him. He shook his head, walking towards the kitchen. You followed him. "He's going to walk into kindergarten looking like a fuckboy, Grayson!" You yelled.

"He's my kid too, and he wanted it!" Grayson yelled at you. "You act like the world's gonna end if he gets a single hole in his ear," Grayson muttered, looking through the top cabinet. You sighed, shaking your head, turning to go upstairs.

-----

(gray's pov)

I sat down on the couch, head in my hands as I felt something shake my arms. I looked over to see Dylan trying to get my attention. "Hey, buddy," I said. He frowned at me.

"Is mom mad?" He asked quietly. I sighed and shook my head. "I can take it out if mom's mad, I don't want her to be mad at me," He said. I gave him a small smile.

"She's not mad at you, bud," I told him. Dylan let out a sigh. "I think she's mad at me," I said.

"Why? I got the earring, she should be mad at me," He said, confused. I sighed, rubbing his back.

"She's mad I didn't tell her before we went to go get it," I told him. He nodded but sighed again.

"I wanted to surprise her," He whispered. I smiled, ruffling his hair.

"Me too, bud," I whispered. Dylan still frowned, a worried look on his face. "She's not mad at you, buddy, don't worry," I reassured him. He shook his head,

"Are you guys gonna get a divorce?" Dylan whispered. My eyes widened and I shook my head. "Some kids in my class, their mom and dads got a divorce and they don't love each other no more," He explained. I shook my head again and sighed.

"I love your mom very much, okay? I never wanna divorce her," I told him. He nodded. "Me and mom fight all the time, that's what people who love each other do," I said. He nodded and smiled.

"I hope she isn't mad by dinner, I wanna show her my A plus!" He said. I smiled.

"Me too, bud," I whispered. Dylan opened his arms and I picked him up into a hug, squeezing him. "Where's Axel?" I asked him, putting him down.

"He's in his playpen," Dylan said. "Dad, I'm hungry," He said quietly. I smiled.

"Let's get a snack?" I asked. Dylan nodded and followed me into the kitchen. I got him some cheese and crackers, and he sat on the counter eating them. I ate one and pulled him down. "Why don't you go eat these and do your homework?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"In my room?" He asked. I nodded. "Food in my room, really?" He asked. I rolled my eyes and smiled. Dylan smiled and ran upstairs, plate in his hands. I made my way upstairs after cleaning up and walked into Axel's nursery.

"Hey, buddy," I said, walking over to the one-year-old, bouncing in his playpen. He raised his arms up, a grin on his face and I pulled him up. I sat on the letter mats and put him in my lap. Axel crawled up on me and stood on my knee. Grabbing at my sweatshirt, he giggled. I smiled. "Someone's in a good mood," I said, kissing his head.

I let him crawl over me and helped him stand and walk around me. But soon I felt a pair of arm go around my back. I smiled and looked over my shoulder to see y/n resting her head on me. "I'm sorry," She whispered.

"Me too," I said. I picked Axel up and turned around to face her. She smiled. "I should've told you," I whispered.

"I shouldn't have yelled at you," She said. "You are his dad, you have every right to get his ears pierced without my permission," She whispered. I smiled and looked at her as Axel grabbed onto her hair.

"Have you been crying?" I asked, referring to her red eyes. She smiled and wiped her eyes. I leaned into peck her lips and smiled at her. "Don't cry, it's okay, y/n," I said, untangling Axel's fingers from her hair. She nodded.

"Okay," She stood up and held her arms out for Axel. I let go of him and he waddled over to her. "I think it's time for some food," She said, picking him up. I smiled and stood up.

"I gave Dylan cheese and crackers," I told her. She nodded. "He's in his room," She sighed.

"You let him eat in his room?" I smiled and she rolled her eyes smiling. "Of course you did."