boss//e.d

(y/n pov)

"What do you mean, take her to work, I can't fucking take her to work," He said. You rolled your eyes, snapping the hair tie on your wrist.

"Exactly what I meant last night," You mumbled, deciding to put your hair up. You walked over to him as he threw on his blazer.

"Well I wasn't listening, y/n..." He said as you fixed his tie. You rolled your eyes. "I can't, babe, I just can't." You shook your head.

"Well neither can I, by LAW, so you're gonna have to." You grabbed your purse and checked yourself in the mirror. He opened his mouth to argue. "Ethan, I'll get FIRED if I bring a 3-year-old into a pharmacy with medicine for her to grab everywhere," You explained as April waddled into the room. You smiled at her.

"Well, so will I-" You cut him off.

"No, no you won't get fired, Grayson won't fire you and you can't fire yourself," You said, putting on your watch. "Careful, baby," You said to April as she crawled onto the bed.

Ethan groaned pacing around the room, "Where's my USB, y/n-" He began to ask, but cut himself short. "No, not today, I have a meeting, babe take the day off and take care of her," He groaned. You shook your head.

"Can't call in sick this late, E," You said. Ethan found his USB, pocketing it. "Well, it's perfect that the daycare just had to close today," You mumbled. You sighed, tightening your ponytail.

"Babe." You looked up to see Ethan frowning at you. You smiled watching April grab onto his suit, trying to climb her way up. "I hate you for this," He groaned. You smiled, running down the stairs.

You walked towards the front door, grabbing your shoes. Pulling them on you looked up to see Ethan carrying April down the stairs. She grinned at you. "Mommy!" She yelled. You smiled as Ethan walked over to you.

"Bye, angel," You said, kissing her on the cheek. You looked up at Ethan. "I love you?" You said, as more of a question. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Love you," He said, pressing his lips to yours. "I still hate you for this," He grumbled as you opened the front door.

"It's not even my fault," You said, grabbing your keys. "But, I'll make it up to you," You said. You waved bye to April and blew them a kiss before getting into your car.

You waved, pulling out of the driveway, a smile on your face, knowing Ethan was going to have a long day. Having your doctor at work was one thing, but being the CEO of a company and having to go to a meeting? You laughed to yourself, unable to wait for the night to come of him complaining.

You went to a few stores, picking up some things for work and some supplies for your teeny desk at the pharmacy, before deciding to stop at Starbucks before heading into work. Pulling into the drive-through, you sighed, already seeing Ethan's caller ID on your phone. You smiled answering.

"How's it going, babe?" You asked. He heard April scream 'mommy!' In the back and you laughed. "Someone misses me," You said, driving a little further.

"You at Starbucks?" He asked. You smiled looking around. You let out a laugh noticing the license plate of the car in front of you. "Yup, you've been spotted by your daughter," He said. You laughed and waved at the car.

"Okay, okay, call me later, okay?" You said into the phone, looking at Ethan through his rear-view mirror. He winked at you.

"Alright, bye, love you." He said, pulling up to the window to get his order. You smiled, ending the call.

Rolling up to the window you smiled at the girl handing you your order. "Um, the man in front of you actually paid for you," She told you as you tried handing her the bill. You smiled. "He, uh, also told me to tell you he thinks you're, uh, hot." You laughed out loud and shook your head.