fever//g.d

(y/n pov)

"She won't stop Gray," You mumbled. It was almost 11 now and your 7-month-old baby girl hadn't stopped crying. "Come on angel, shh..." You whispered.

Grayson was sat in front of you in bed, legs crossed taking her from you every few minutes. He took her from you once again. "Maybe she's hot?" He asked. You pulled off her little sweater, Grayson holding her. Leaving her in a tank top but she just kept crying. He sighed. "C'mon princess, you're okay," He whispered.

Grayson rocked her in his arms, trying to calm her down, but nothing was working. "Maybe she needs-" Gray cut you off as he pressed the back of his hand to her forehead.

"Get the ear checking thing," He whispered. You nodded and grabbed the little device that would check Amber's temperature if held in her ear. You brought it over to the bed.

Changing the plastic tip, you put the device into the little baby's ear and waited. She squirmed in Grayson's arms as you heard the little beep. You pulled it out and frowned at the number. "She has a fever," You told him. He sighed loudly, frustrated.

You took Amber from him, rocking her and pulling off her socks. She cried even louder at the loss of contact from Grayson and you kissed her head. You looked up to see Grayson clenching his fists. Your eyebrows furrowed. "I told you," He said with gritted teeth.

"Wha-What's wrong?" He groaned, taking Amber from you once again. "We can take her to the doct-" He cut you off.

"I told you not to give her to Cameron," He mumbled, standing up with Amber in his arms. "She wouldn't be sick now if you'd listened." You sighed, remembering what he was talking about.

Ethan and his family had come to visit the day before. Cameron, Ethan's 4-year-old, who loved his cousin more than anything, wanted to play with Amber. But knowing Cameron was sick, Grayson had told him not to hold Amber. Upset, the boy had gone to sit by the fireplace, rolling his toy car around on his own.

You, being the sensitive person you were, had felt horrible, and went over with Amber to Cameron And despite what Grayson had said, you'd let Cameron hold Amber for a few minutes, just to see his face light up. It was only for a few moments, but apparently, a few moments were enough to get her sick.

"He looked so upset, I didn't want to-" Grayson shook his head as he pulled open the door to the balcony.

"Well, now she had a fever," He said, upset, You fell back onto the bed, as he took Amber out onto the balcony. "You're okay, princess," You heard him tell her.

You sighed to yourself, calling Lisa. "Hey, Lisa." You heard a yawn from the other sides. "Sorry for waking you up," You whispered.

"No, it's okay, what's up sweetheart?" She asked. You sighed, looking back at Grayson, who was now pointing at the stars and talking to Amber. "Everything okay?"

"Amber has a fever," You said. You heard Lisa sigh. "I- He thinks it's 'cause I gave her to Cameron yesterday," You told her.

"Is he mad?" She asked knowingly. You sighed.

"Look, there's the moon princess," Grayson told Amber. You smiled. "And all those little dots? Those are stars."

"Y/N?" You shook your head as Lisa asked if you were still on the line.

"Yeah," You said, tired.

"Just take her to the doctors in the morning, she'll probably get antibiotics," You nodded even though she couldn't see you. "Gray can get overprotective, we both know that," She told you.