surprise//e.d

(ethan's pov)

Message from princess with a phone

dad

dad

dad

daaadddd

we live in the same house

dad im in the bathroom

its a good thing we potty trained you then

dad

okay well do your business in the bathroom and get out

duh

okay well im bleeding

okay well get a bandaid paris

just come down stairs

JUST GET A DAMN BANDAID

come downstairs dad

please

I sighed, getting out of my chair and putting my phone down. Going down the stairs, I caught sight of our eight-year-old, Sydney, doing homework. Smiling, I walked towards the bathroom and knocked. "Paris?" I called. I heard a groan and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Just get a band aid, sweetheart," I said, leaning against the door.

"Dad!" She yelled. I raised my eyebrows even though she couldn't see me. "Dad, I'm not- down there, I'm bleeding there," She said. My eyes widened as my hands went to the doorknob,

"What-" But she cut me off.

"Don't open the door!" The twelve year old screamed. I sighed and shut it. "My stomach hurts," She said. I took in a deep breath.

"Did, uh, mom, ever talk to you about, uh-" I ran a hand through my hair, trying to find the words.

"Yeah, but I don't know what to do," She said. I sighed and paced up and down in front of the bathroom door. "She won't answer the phone," She told me. I sighed.

"Time zones," I muttered. What perfect timing. Just when y/n was on a trip for work. "Maybe I should call Gray," I said, more to myself then to her.

"Don't call him!" She yelled. I sighed as I saw Sydney creep down the stairs, to see what all the yelling was about.

"Maybe he'll know what to do?" I asked. I smiled as Sydney frowned. "Just go do your homework, Syd, I've got this."

"How would he know? He doesn't have a girl!" She said. Sydney looked back at me and I sighed as I leaned my forehead against the door.

"check the cupboards, maybe mom left something?" I asked. I heard moving around and a loud sigh.

"Nothing," She's said. I frowned, wishing y/n would come back.

"Lets got to the store then?" I asked. I heard a loud groan.

"What am I supposed to do about THIS?" She asked. I frowned. "Dad ots everywhere!" I heard a sob and I sighed.

"Hey, its okay, princess, you'll be okay," I sighed. "Let's go to the store, okay?" I said, palm against the door.

"I'm not getting up," She said. I sighed.

"Okay, if me and Sydney go, will you be okay alone?" I asked. I heard a sigh. "Or Sydney can stay?"

"No you guys go, I'll be fine," I heard. I sighed.

"Okay, love you," I said against the door.

"Love you too."

---

"Why does she get ice cream?" Sydney asked. I sighed. "That's not fair, daddy, I want some too," She whined, as I there a few pints of ice cream into the car.

"You're sick, princess, and mommy would get mad at me if I got you even more sick," I said, reaching for her hand. She pulled it away.

"That's not fair," She said, starting to cry. I sighed looking down at her, covering her face. I tried pulling her hands away from her. "Daddy stop it, I'm emotional!" She yelled. I chuckled.

"You're so cute," I said, taking her hand and rolling the cart with one arm. "Let's get you some chocolate instead."

We walked around the store, getting way more candy then I expected, before we walked into the feminine hygiene section. Sighing, I grabbed the first colorful box I saw. "What's that?" Sydney asked as I tossed it into the cart. I sighed.

"It's for your sister," I told her. She frowned. "No, you really don't need thi-" But my phone ringing cut me off. I smiled answering it.

"Hi," I said, picking Sydney up and putting her in the large part of the car.

"Wanna explain why I have 14 missed calls from Paris?" A sleepy voice asked. I sighed. "And I just called her back and she told me she hated me and won't answer," Y/N sighed into the phone as Sydney wiped her nose with a tissue.

"So she, uh, got her, you know, the thing," I said. Y/N was silent for a moment and then laughed.

"Her period?" She asked. I sighed. "Awhh," Y/N said with another laugh.

"It's not- why did it have to happen when you're not here?" I asked, picking up a few more groceries. "I don't know what to do," I whined. Y/N laughed again.

"You left her home alone?" Y/N asked. I sighed. "You could've called Gray over to give her company, or told him to get the stuff," She said.

"She told me not to call him," I told her, pulling up to checkout. "And she also won't leave the bathroom," I sighed. Y/N laughed again.

"She's fine, I'll be home in 2 days," She said, as I pulled Sydney out of the cart.

"I thought we had another year before it happened," I said as y/n laughed. "Now she's all grown up," I could hear y/n smiling on the other side.

"Okay, well, get home and don't piss her off," Y/N told me. I rolled my eyes at Sydney who just laughed. "Is Sydney there?" I smiled and handed Sydney the phone.

"Hi mommy," Sydney said, as I paid for our stuff. "Daddy won't buy me ice cream."

---

"I think you're supposed to stick it on," I said, leaning against the door. "Like peel the backing off," I continued.

"Yeah, I know how it works, dad," She said. I sighed and nodded to myself, crossing my arms. "Wait what are the flappy things for?" She asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"How would I know, check the box," I said. I heard a frustrated groan and shook my head, watching Sydney eat a bowl of ice cream, despite what I'd told her.

"OH!" Paris yelled, startling me. "I got it," She said. I sighed.

I heard the tap turn on and the door opened as I stepped away. She grinned up at me. "Done?" I asked. She nodded. "There's ice cream on the counter if you want," I told her, as she hugged me. I frowned, hugging her back.

"I love you," She said. I smiled, wondering where the annoyed Paris had gone.

"Love you too, princess," I said, pulling away. She grinned up at me, walking into the kitchen.

"So dad," She said, opening a container. "Because I'm all grown up now, can I get a boyfriend?"

"No."