halloween//g.d

(third person pov)

Grayson looked over at y/n, rubbing his eyes, watching her sleep for a moment before grabbing his phone. Sending out a quick good morning tweet as he always does, and maybe even a snap of his hand over his wife's baby bump, he gets out of bed, stretching his arms above his head.

He uses the bathroom, brushes his teeth, washes his face and slathers on some moisturizer before pulling on a sweatshirt to head down to the nursery. He knew she was up already, her little noises from the baby monitor were his alarm. He grinned turning his light on to see her already standing in her crib.

"Morning, princess," He says to the 20-month-old baby, bouncing up and down in her crib, a book in her hands. "Did you sleep well?" He asks, pulling her out of her crib and onto his hip. She nodded, book still grasped in her hands, arms around her daddy's neck.

"Daddy!" She exclaimed as they made their way down the hall and to her brother's room. Now, October was a morning person, just like her daddy. But Casper? He tends to sleep later than they're mama does. "'sper!" October whispers as she and Grayson walk into his room. He's still curled up on his big kid bed, his dark blue bedsheets surrounding him.

"Looks like he's still asleep, hm?" Grayson asks her. October nodded looking around as Grayson made his way back to the room he shared with y/n. Sitting down on the bed with October in his lap, he takes the book she was holding, ready to read it to her. "Oh, we read this one yesterday, angel," He said. October crawled out of his lap.

Y/N turned in her sleep, facing towards them and October froze, scared she was going to wake her mama up. But Grayson knew no matter what happened, y/n could sleep through it. The woman was worse than Ethan. And when she was pregnant? Don't even get Grayson started.

"Mama?" October asked, looking at y/n. "Mama!" Grayson pulled her back, laying back down in bed.

"Mama's sleeping princess, let's read your book, okay?" He asked, head propped up on his arm, the other arm holding October back from waking y/n up. "C'mere," He said, pulling the toddler on top of him and let her sit there.

"Daddy," The little girl whined, pounding on his chest, trying to crawl away as he grabbed his phone, pulling up the drawing app she was obsessed with.

"Look here, princess, wanna draw shapes?" Grayson asked her, handing her the phone. She crawled her way up next to Grayson's head and he turned to is back, one arm folded beneath his head. "There, a triangle," He said, using his finger to draw a triangle. She did the same and Grayson clapped.

"Ti-ange!" She exclaimed after him. Grayson chuckled as she drew them again before dropping his phone to his chest, crawling onto him, thumb in her mouth.

"Nu-uh," Grayson said, pulling her hand away. She pressed her palm to his chest, sitting up and looked around. "Oh, I have an idea," Grayson said, more to himself as he picked her up, standing out of bed,

"Daddy!" October exclaimed as he made his way out of the bedroom and back into October's nursery. "No, no!" She said he set her on her changing table. Grayson sighed, as he tried to change her, holding her down as she wiggled out of his grip.

"C'mon, make this easy for me," He said, just as he was finishing up. He smiled, sticking the last flap into place and standing her up before putting her on the floor. "There we go, all done."

October clapped and Grayson found her an outfit, one that matched the one he planned to put on. The mini halloween merch he had made just for her and a little pair of sweatpants. "Up!" October asked as he saw that he was ready to dress her. Grayson chuckled, lifting her up from the floor and back onto the changing table.