single//g.d

(y/n pov)

You sighed as a toy was thrown on the sidewalk in front of you. "Ben," You said, walking around the stroller and picking up to toy car. "You need to stop throwing it baby," You said, handing it back to your three-year-old. He grinned taking it back from you.

You sighed, walking back around, starting to push it once again, down the sidewalk, approaching his preschool. This was all he did on the bus, throw the car around, and you'd apologized to everyone, handing it back to him. Because if he didn't have it, he'd throw a fit.

You were a single mom, living alone in an apartment with your little baby. Your last relationship hadn't gone well, ended in a divorce and then, well, he got into an accident while driving drunk. You weren't upset that you'd gotten a divorce, you didn't love him anymore. But the thought of Ben not having a father made you sad.

So here you were, a single mom, working two jobs to keep yourself and your little bean alive. It was hard, but you were trying. For Ben. Yeah, you missed out on a lot of things in life, rest for one. But if it meant Ben would live life just a bit better, you were willing to give anything up.

"Stroller!" You heard a squeal. You looked over to see a man, holding a little girl in his arms, squealing and pointing at your stroller. "Daddy, stroller!" She screamed. You smiled as he pulled on his hair, asking to be put down.

The, very attractive, man put his daughter down and she ran over to you, and you stopped walking, Ben looking at her, a little confused. "Hi!" You said, looking down at her. She looked up at you, pointing at the stroller.

"My turn?" She asked. You smiled as her daddy came running over. "Daddy!" She yelled as he scooped her back up.

"I'm sorry, she's just so-" But you shook your head, smiling as you walked back over to Ben. The man paused as you began to pull Ben out of the stroller. "No, no it's okay," He said. You smiled, shaking your head as he set him on the floor.

"We're gonna give her a turn, okay?" You asked your son. He nodded and you reached for his hand. "Here, put her in," You said, already a sucker for this little girl. She giggled and looked at her daddy, patting his face.

He sighed, putting her in and he strapped her in. You smiled as Ben let go of your hand to go give her his car. She took it, rolling it on the little tray once Grayson pulled it down. "I'm sorry, she's a little crazy," He said to you. You smiled shaking your head. He wiped his palms on his shorts before extending it towards you. "I'm Grayson," He said. You smiled, shaking his hand, warm in your cold.

"Y/N," You replied, as you pulled away. "Are you guys going to the daycare?" You asked him. He nodded and you heard the two kids giggling. You smiled, hand going to ruffle Ben's hair.

"Wanna push it?" He asked you. You shrugged and walked over, and before you could say anything, Grayson had scooped Ben up. "And what's your name bud?" He asked him. You began pushing the stroller and you heard a little squeal.

"Ben!" Your son told him. "Name?" He asked, looking down at his new friend. You smiled, happy Ben was finally talking. Ben was a shy kid. Sometimes too shy. So to see him talking made you so happy.

"Zoe!" She yelled. You smiled as Grayson looked back at you. "Daddy, stroller!" She yelled at him. Unlike Ben, it seemed as if Zoe talked- a lot.

Grayson nodded at her while Ben clutched onto his shirt. "It is a stroller, princess," He said. She giggled and say back in her seat as you pushed them towards the daycare.

"She doesn't have one?" You asked Grayson. He chuckled and shook his head. "I think it's time you got her one," You told him. He laughed as Zoe giggled in agreement.