crying//g.d

AN// just to let you know, everything gray says/thinks in the second part, he says out loud to Lisa, hope that makes sense xx

(gray's pov)

I pressed my ear against the front door and listened for a minute. Someone on the street would probably think I was insane but they would never understand how important this is. I opened the door and sighed in relief as I heard nothing but silence walking in.

I'd just come home from a long day of filming and editing with Ethan and was glad to be home. Well, I was definitely glad now that Lisa wasn't crying. When Lisa cried, she does not. So I thanked y/n mentally and made my way upstairs as quietly as possible.

Walking into the room I share with y/n I smiled at the sight before me. Y/N was asleep on the bed with Lisa sleeping in her arms. Arms wrapped around Lisa's 7-month-old body, y/n was out. I smiled as I watched them both stir in their sleep as I sat down on the bed.

Figuring y/n needed a break from being a mom for a little while, and knowing that Lisa would wake up soon, I decided to take Lisa from y/n's grasp. I began to move y/n's hands but ended up waking her instead. I sighed as y/n opened her eyes. They widened as she looked down next to her, sighing to see Lisa still asleep.

"What time is it, Gray?" She asked and I checked my watch before holding up all 10 fingers. She sighed. "You sleeping?" She asked. I smiled and pointed.

"Where?" She looked up confused. "You two are sleeping right in the middle. I'll sleep on the couch, if we move her, shell wake up." I whispered, changing into pajamas.

"No, you're back'll hurt," Y/N whispered back. I sighed shaking my head. Despite my suggestion, y/n moved to her side of the bed, Lisa locked in her grasped. We both froze as Lisa moved in her sleep. I let out a sigh as she continued to sleep.

"Shit, I thought she was waking up for a sec," I whispered. Y/N nodded. I quickly used the downstairs bathroom to be quiet and came back up, to see both Lisa and y/n asleep. I crawled into bed next to them and resisted the urge to put my arm around them, knowing it would wake Lisa up. I sighed and turned onto my back.

Minutes passed and there it was. The sound of crying. Lisa woke with a start and began to cry immediately. Y/N sat up with a groan, holding the baby in her arms. "Damn. And I thought I wad finally gonna sleep tonight." She said as I sat up next to her.

"Here baby, I got this," Y/N stared at me as I took Lisa from her arms and into my own. "Go back to sleep gorgeous, I'll bring her back when she's not crying." Y/N sighed and nodded, unable to turn down my offer.

"I love you, Grayson," She whispered, before falling right back into sleep.

---

I carried Lisa downstairs, rocking her to shush her a little bit. It wasn't really working. I brought her to the living room and sat down on the couch. "Shhh... it's okay, shhh..." I whispered. Her tiny fists grasped onto my t-shirt and she wailed even louder.

"Are you hungry? Do you want food, is that why you're upset?" I asked. She continued to cry and I took her to the kitchen. Looking in the cupboards, I found a box of cookies. "You want a cookie?" I asked. I opened the box with one arm, rocking Lisa with the other.

I took a cookie into my hand and brought it to her mouth. "Wait, you don't-" I groaned before shoving the cookie into my own mouth. I finished chewing and walked around the kitchen. "You don't have teeth," I said.

I walked around the island in the kitchen and rocked her in my arms. I looked at the time on the microwave. It was 10:45. "Aren't babies known for sleeping a lot?" I asked her she cried and looked back up at me. "It would be nice if you could stop crying princess, daddy's tired." I tried. Nope. She just kept crying. I sighed.

I walked around downstairs and rocked her in my arms. "Do you want me to sing?" I asked soon. She quieted for a little and I took that as a yes. "Mommy sings to you, yeah?" I sat down on the couch again and switched her to my other arm.

"I don't know any lullabies," I said finally. She looked up at me. "You want me to sing you some Kid Cudi?" I asked. I sighed but enjoyed the few moments of silence. I leaned back into the couch and closed my eyes.

I felt a fist grab my shirt again and opened my eyes again and smiled. "Are you tired now?" I whispered. She just looked up at me. "Okay, let's go upstairs," I whispered and took her upstairs.

"Should I put you down after you sleep, or now?" She looked around and I sighed. "I guess after you sleep." I walked around upstairs quietly and kissed her forehead.

"You're so cute, what the heck, I made you," I whispered. She let out a tiny sigh, and I rocked her carefully in my arms. "I guess you get the cuteness from y/n." I whispered.

-----

(y/n pov)

You woke up at the sound of your name. You looked around the room, to see you were alone. You remembered what had happened earlier. You checked the time on your almost dead phone and sat up. You'd woken up because your body had just programmed to wake up when Lisa got hungry. You sighed as you heard talking from outside your room.

"You're gonna be so beautiful," You heard Grayson whisper. "You're gonna grow up and be so strong and wonderful and you're going to be such a good person. I just know it." You smiled and layed back in bed slowly.

"Oh, Gray," You whispered, sighing. You heard him continue.

"You're going to be just like your mom, so perfect." You smiled, and you felt like crying. "I promise to raise you to be the best you could possibly be. You can hold that against me." He said. You smiled and sat back up. You decided to call him in, so you could feed her.

"Gr-" But he started to talk again.

"Are you finally asleep?" You closed your mouth. "It's about time." You layed back down and sighed in relief.

In the dark, Grayson couldn't see your eyes open. He rested Lisa in her crib and kissed her on the forehead. You watched him look down at her for a moment, before making his way into bed with you. "Well, hi." You whispered. He gasped and you let out a small laugh.

"I didn't know you were still up," He whispered, before pulling you in by the waist. You sighed into his chest as he wrapped his arms around you. "Did I wake you up?" He whispered.

"It's okay, she gets hungry by now so I guess I just woke up," You said. "You think I'm perfect?" You asked with a smile. His grip on you tightened.

"Is that even a question?" You smiled and closed your eyes. "And she's gonna be perfect too."