movies//e.d

AN// a few lion king spoilers but not really idk lol sorry ahhh i love that movie

(ethan's pov)

"LION!" Eve shouted. I smiled, holding her up as I paid for the tickets. "Lion, lion, lion!" The cashier smiled at her and gave me the tickets.

"No yelling inside, okay?" Y/N told Eve. Eve nodded and I smiled, kissing her on the cheek. "Let's just get M&M's, she can't chew popcorn," Y/N said. I nodded, and she took my card, going to get us M&M's.

Eve had come home from preschool freaking out that they were playing the lion king in theatres. Because her friend had gone to watch it, she'd decided that she did too. So here we were, about to watch the lion king.

"Mommy coming too?" She asked me. I nodded and smiled. She clapped.

"She's going to get you candy," I told her. She nodded and rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled. "Ready to watch the movie, princess?" I asked. She nodded.

"Lion!" She exclaimed once again. I smiled, tickling her sides as y/n came back.

Giving me a kiss on the cheek, she took my hand. "Let's go in," Y/N and I walked into the theatre and found our seats. I set Eve in her seat and sat next to her, y/n on her other side. "Dark," Eve said, looking around. I nodded.

"That way you can see the movie," I told her. She nodded and looked up at the screen, trailers playing. She watched as y/n smiled at me. "Come sit next to me," I told her. She shook her head.

"Not our seat, babe," She said. I frowned and she smiled, shaking her head. Eve looked up at y/n and y/n raised her eyebrows. "Movie's starting, love," Eve looked back at the screen, eyes wide as the movie started.

The movie went on and Eve watched intently. I caught her clapping her hands a few times, and giggling. Y/N did the same and my heart filled with happiness. That is until Mufasa died. I looked over to see Eve crying. I sighed, pulling her into my love. "It's just a movie, princess," I whispered to her. She nodded, pressing her head into my neck.

"Scar scary," She said. I nodded. "Bad Scar," She said. I squeezed her little body into a hug and she giggled. I looked over to see y/n move into Eve's seat and took my hand in hers. I smiled at her and she squeezed my hand.

Eve turned her head from my neck and back towards the screen to see Simba curled up next to Mufasa, laying dead on the floor. She whimpered and I squeezed her as the hyenas chased Simba away. I sighed as she turned back to my neck. "It's okay, princess," I said. She nodded and cried silently for a few moments. "Should we go?" I asked y/n, squeezing her hand. She shrugged.

"Maybe we should give it a bit," She responded. I nodded. "I don't think she wants to leave anyway." I nodded as Eve turned back around at the sound of Hakuna Matata.

Eve already knew the song. Y/N loving the song had played it for her while she was in the womb and later when she was born too. Eve turned to y/n, eyes wide. I chuckled. "Mommy, hakua matata!" She said, pronouncing it as best as her little mouth could. I smiled, kissing her head.

"That's right, baby," Y/N said, Eve turning back to the screen. I smiled and y/n leaned up to kiss me.

And then for a while, it was okay. Eve loved Timon and Pumbaa, laughing at everything they said. I smiled when she did, loving the sound of her laugh – it sounded just like y/n's. But when they showed Scar again, Eve flinched in my arms. Pulling her against my chest, I stroked her hair. "It's okay, princess," I whispered. Eve nodded and watched. But when the fight broke out, she began to cry. "Okay, okay, let's go," I said.

Eve turned her head into my neck and I felt her tears run down my collarbone. "Ethan, just take her outside for a sec, come back in like 10 minutes," Y/N whispered. I ran my hand up and down Eve's back.

"Can't we just go home?" I asked her. She shrugged, handing me the bag od M&M's.

"She'll want to see the baby lion at the end," Y/N said. I nodded, taking the M&M's from her. Kissing y/n on the head, I walked out of the row, holding Eve close to me as she cried.

Taking her out of the theatre, I walked around for a little. Ricking her in my arms, I let her cry it out. "Everything okay, sir?" A worker asked. I nodded and smiled, Eves face still in my neck.

"She got a little scared, that's all," I told him. The worker nodded and walked away. "You okay, angel?" I asked as she pulled her face away from my neck, wiping at her face.

"Scary," She whispered. I nodded and kissed her forehead. "Bad Scar," I nodded again and agreed.

"It's okay, he'll go away and everything will be okay," I told her. Her eyes widened and I nodded.

"Mufasa go'd away too," She said. I chuckled at her 'go'd' and nodded. "Don't go away daddy," She said wrapping her arms around my neck and crying into my neck again. I sighed.

"I'm not going anywhere, princess, don't worry," I whispered, squeezing her tight.  

*****

AN// i know this one's short, but i went to watch the lion king for the 60th time yesterday but in theatres and this was the only thing on my mind the whole movie :') love you all <3