christmas shopping//g.d

(gray's pov)

"Wake up!" I feel someone shake my shoulder, and looked to see June shaking my shoulder. "Christmas!" She squealed. I smiled and grabbed her.

"Good morning, princess," I said. She giggled and sat on my chest. "And to you, my queen," I said. Y/N sat at the foot of our bed and smiled.

"We have lots to do today, my love," She said as she pulled our 3-year-old daughter off my chest. Placing her on the ground, June ran out of the room. I smiled at y/n. "Christmas shopping is today, isn't it?" She asked. I nodded.

I watched y/n leave the room, calling for June as I went to the bathroom to wash my face. Making my way downstairs, I saw June jumping up and down in her highchair. I smiled as I walked up to her. Y/N turned around from the pancakes to place a small bowl of blueberries in front of June. June laughed and put one in her mouth. "Daddy! Christmas!" She yelled.

Wiping a little blueberry juice off of her chin I nodded. "We're going shopping today. Are you ready?" I asked, walking over to y/n. She screamed behind us.

"Christmas!" She yelled. Chuckling I pressed my lips to y/n's. I took over the pancakes as she cleaned June's mouth and took her empty bowl away from her. Placing a pancake in front of her, I cut it into small squared. "Puh-cakes!" She said. I laughed.

"Yes, sweetie, pancakes." Y/N said, placing some on a fork and into my mouth. I sat on the counter and pulled June's highchair close to me. "Almost done?" Y/N looked back at June to see her nodding and putting another piece of pancake in her mouth. Y/N put a piece in her mouth before giving me some.

"Alright, let's get ready." Y/N wiped off June's mouth, before putting all the dishes in the sink to wash. I pulled June out of her highchair and placed her on my hip as her tiny hands played with my hair. I walked over to y/n washing the dishes and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Go get her dressed," Y/N said, putting soap on the sponge. "If we leave soon, we can finish shopping today." She said. I smiled at her and nodded.

"I can wash some after I dress her, go shower," I said as I pulled June's fingers out of my hair. "Go work your magic, I can wash dishes." She laughed as I took June upstairs.

Walking into June's room, I put her down. She ran to her toys as I walked to her closet. Pulling out a tiny dress and some tights I held it up. "Daddy! Toys!" She laughed. I nodded and called her.

"June, do you want to wear this?" She didn't turn. "June?" She turned around and nodded.

I put the clothes on her bed and pulled her off the floor. Sitting her on the bed, I dressed her. She kept trying to leave, but I managed. Damn y/n does this every day.

"Christmas?" She asked. I nodded. "Christmas!" She squealed. She held her arms up and I picked her up and placed her up on my shoulder. Walking out of her room and into me and y/n's I ducked, so she wouldn't hit her head.

I looked over at y/n picking out an outfit and getting ready to shower. "Does this look okay?" She held up a sweater and I nodded. "With my scarf?" She asked. I nodded.

"I don't get why it matters, you'll look beautiful anyway." She smiled and walked into the bathroom. I dropped June on the bed, making her squeal and walked over to the closet. Pushing y/n's clothes to the side, I pulled out a sweatshirt. June was mumbling. "What was that princess?" I said turning.

She looked up from my phone and held it up. "Games!" She said. I nodded. I pulled on the sweatshirt and changed into some sweats as the sound from her video filled the room. I heard the shower turn on, and decided to brush out my hair.

Sitting behind June as she watched her video, I combed out my hair and then began to comb out hers. "Where does mommy put your elastics?" I asked her. She pointed at the container on y/n's dresser without looking up from her video. Getting up and making my way over to the container, I saw y/n come out of the bathroom. "Are these the ones that go in her hair?" I asked. Y/N she laughed and nodded.

"I can do it once I get dressed, she wanted me to french braid it yesterday." She said, pulling out the sweater she had showed me earlier. I put June's comb down and nodded. "Go help her put shoes on, I'll be down in a sec. Oh, and get a snack, she'll get hungry." I nodded again and picked June up. She clutched onto my phone and watched My Little Pony all the way down.

Putting her down on the couch, I went to grab her sneakers. Undoing the velcro, I kneeled before her to slide them onto her tiny feet. Her eyes glued to the phone she let me put them on. I smiled as I saw y/n come down the stairs. "Ready, beautiful?" She blushed and nodded.

"I'll get a snack and I'll be back." She came out of the kitchen with a few granola bars and shoved them into her purse. "Oh shit, I have to braid her hair." She said. I raised my eyebrows. And she shut her eyes in frustration.

"She's not listening, anyway." Y/N walked over to us, and I grabbed her by the waist. Pulling her into me, I kissed her on the lips. She smiled. "Take your time, baby, we have all day." I smiled as she went over to braid June's hair. I slipped on my own shoes and grabbed my keys. Grabbing our jackets, I opened the front door.

Y/N stood up with June on her hip. Handing me my phone back June squealed. "Christmas!"

"Ready to go?" I asked. Y/N nodded as June giggled once again.  

*****

AN// there's going to be a part 2 to this, don't worry :) love you all <3