mommy//g.d

(third person pov)

June opened her eyes when she felt something on her leg. She looked up to see Grayson, sitting on the edge of her big girl bed, face in his hands. She smiled, happy that he woke her up in return for once. Still tired, and not ready to get up, June shuffled around, surprising Grayson, and resting her head on his leg. She smiled.

"Morning daddy," She said with all the energy she had. She looked out the window next to her bed to see that it was still dark out. Confused, June sat up. Grayson let out a whimper and June's eyes widened. Her daddy was crying. "Daddy?" She asked with a gasp. She stood up, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Grayson looked at her, forcing a smile on his face. She was frowning at him, trying to figure out if her daddy was really crying or not. "Go b-back to sleep, prin-princess," Grayson stuttered out, holding her up with his hand.

"Daddy crying," She whispered. She wrapped her arms around his neck and rubbed up and down of as much of his back as she could. After all, when uncle E did it, she always felt better.

June let her daddy cry for a long time. Grayson squeezed her tight and she was whispering things he couldn't understand to him, to help him calm down. It mad June sad, that her daddy probably had a bad dream. But that wasn't the case. In fact, Grayson hadn't slept at all.

Grayson let himself break down in front of his princess, something he promised himself he would never do. He was her daddy. He never wanted to show him that he was weak. But he was. And now Grayson had no one else to go to.

Her hair was all over his face, something that would usually have annoyed him, but now it was all he could ever ask for. June kept patting Grayson's back, rubbing up and down, trying to get him to calm down. And even though Grayson's cries weren't heavy, in her ears, he was so loud.

"June," Grayson whispered, pulling away from her. She looked back at her daddy as she looked him in the face. She reached up to wipe his face of his tears, her little ring scratching him the slightest. She smiled at him, hoping he was better now.

"Daddy," She said, stepping down from his thigh. She walked over behind him, wrapping her arms around his neck, hoping he was going to give her a piggyback ride. He always did that when he was in a good mood.

"June, princess," Grayson said, taking a deep breath and wiping his face. June frowned as she walked back to him. His eyes were red and puffy and seeing her daddy like this made her want to cry.

"Bad dream?" June asked him, sitting in his lap. Grayson looked down at her and gave her a small smile and shook his head. Her eyebrows furrowed and Grayson pushed the hair out of her eyes. "Uncle E make you mad?" She asked. Grayson smiled even wider and shook his head. June frowned. What else could've made him this upset?

"You need a mom angel," Grayson said, wiping his face. June frowned.

"Mommy?" She asked. Grayson nodded, placing his hand on hers, and she grasped onto his finger. "June has daddy," She said, confused. Was he giving her away? Do uncle E and her daddy not want her anymore.

"You do, princess, you always will," He told her. Phew. "But you need a mommy, someone that can love you and do the things daddy can't do for you and-" But June cut him off, knowing her daddy was going to start crying.

"Daddy loves June," She whispered, petting his hand. Grayson sighed and smiled. "And June loves daddy," She said, standing up to kiss him on the cheek. Grayson let a few more tears slip and June wiped them away.

"Princess," Grayson started. June shook her head. She tugged on Grayson's hand and pulled him towards her bed. Grayson sighed and crawled into bed with her, hoping the bed he'd built wouldn't collapse.