wedding//g.d

(y/n pov)

You finished curling your hair lightly and you walked into your room. You saw Grayson fixing his tie in the mirror, you smiled as you watched him struggle. "Come here." He looked up at you and he smiled. He got up and made his way over and you reached up to tie his tie for him. "There." You said. He smiled.

"Thank you," He said.

You made your way over to your dresser, as you fixed your hair a little. You watched Grayson come behind you and looked at you through the mirror. "What, do I look bad?" You asked. He shook his head quickly and kissed your cheek. "Wanna zip me up?" He nodded and zipped up the back of your dress.

"You look gorgeous, what the hell?" He said. You smiled and rolled your eyes. You put on your favorite chain as Grayson leaned his head on your shoulder. "I gave her a box of cookies to keep her occupied." He said.

"Oh no, she's going to eat them all," You groaned. Grayson fastened the back of your necklace and smiled. "Grayson." You said.

"What, she wanted one." He said. You shook your head and tossed him his blazer. He put it on as you grabbed your purse. "Ready, beautiful?" You nodded and pecked him on the lips before heading downstairs.

"She ate them all," You sighed as you saw your 3-year-old daughter with crumbs all over her chin. "Ruth, honey," She looked up at you and grinned. You sighed as you looked at all the crumbs on her little white dress.

"Look at you, my gorgeous princess," Grayson said from behind you. Ruth grinned and lifted her arms up, dropping the empty box. She giggled as Grayson lifted her up. "We need to get you cleaned up." He said. She laughed.

You sighed and smiled. You grabbed the bag of baby wipes off from the counter and took one. Grayson kissed the side of Ruth's head as she ran a hand over his stubble, giggling at the feeling. "Prickly!" She yelled. You laughed and Grayson chuckled.

"Let's tell Daddy to get rid of it, okay?" You said. She looked away from you as you pressed the wipe onto her chin. "Ruth," You said. You managed to wipe off the cookie crumbs off of her face as she squirmed in Grayson's arms.

Grayson brushed away the crumbs from her dress and set her down on the couch. You threw away the wipe and grabbed your purse. Ruth stood on the couch, staring at her little flats, which she seemed to despise. "Let's go, angel," He said. She raised her arms up and Grayson lifted her up. "And, Daddy isn't getting rid of it," He said. You rolled your eyes and followed him out of the house.

"Yes he is," You said, locking the house behind you. He turned around and shook his head as he unlocked his car. You smiled and followed him.

You got into the passenger seat as he went back to put Ruth in her car seat. You pulled out your phone to text Ethan you were on the way as you heard Ruth and Grayson arguing behind you. "We're going to be late, princess." You heard Grayson say. "Ruth."

You turned to see Ruth squirming in her seat as Grayson tried to strap her in. She tried to crawl out of her seat as she pushed Grayson's hands away from the belt. "Have fun, Gray," You said smiling as you turned back around, watching them through the mirrors. He groaned.

He managed to put the seat belt on and strap her in as she began to cry. You shook your head smiling as he sighed. "I'm sorry my love," He said, kissing her on the head. You watched her wipe her forehead as she crossed her arms.

You watched Grayson walk around the car to get to the driver's seat and winked at you before getting in. You blushed and looked down. Grayson started the car and pulled out of the driveway and stuck his tongue out at Ruth as he turned back in reverse. Ruth frowned at him and you smiled.

"I kinda wish we were more involved in the wedding than we are," You said. He nodded. He pulled onto the highway. "We don't need to take the highway," You said looking over at him.

He looked up at the mirror and saw Ruth smiling. "I know," He whispered. You rolled your eyes. She loved the highway. That's why he took it. "Having fun?" He asked her. You sighed and smiled.

"Yeah!" She squealed. You shook your head and smiled at Grayson. "Mommy?" You looked back, a smile on your face.

"Yes, baby?" You asked. She looked out the window then back at you.

"Where we going?" She asked in her tiny voice. You smiled and looked back at her.

"Uncle E's wedding," You said. She squealed. She loved Ethan. Grayson chuckled. "Babe, we're gonna be late." You said. He pulled out of the driveway.

"He was almost late to ours," He said. You shook your head and smiled.

---

You smiled at Grayson, who was waiting with Ethan upfront. As the best man, he wasn't sitting with you and Ruth. Ruth was squirming in your lap, as you held her down with your arms. She had already taken off her flats and managed to rip the bottom of her dress. "Ruth," You whispered. She frowned back at you.

You looked up at Grayson who winked at her. She was supposed to walk down with the ring barrier, but Grayson decided last minute that it wouldn't such a good idea. You looked behind you to see Ethan's bride walk down the isle. You smiled as you realized Ruth had finally shut up.

You looked up at Ethan to see tears in his eyes. You smiled and Grayson looked at you. Memories of your own wedding came to your brain and you could tell Grayson had them too. He sighed and smiled at you as you smiled back.

The wedding was over soon and Grayson came back to you and Ruth. Taking Ruth from your arms, he made his way over to Ethan once again. Everyone in the room was talking to each other as you approached Ethan.

"Dude, she looked beautiful," He said. Grayson gave Ethan a hug and you smiled. "Well, hello there, it's my favorite niece," He said. He took Ruth from Grayson and gave her a kiss on the head. She giggled. She knew the difference between the twins and Ethan always claimed she loved her uncle more.

"Congrats bro," Grayson said. They smiled at you as Ethan's bride came over. She took Ruth from Ethan's arms and Grayson took your hand. "Are we getting our daughter back?" Grayson asked them. The four of you laughed.

"I want one, Ethan." Ethan's wife said. "She's so cute!" You smiled as Ethan chuckled.

"Soon, wifey," You laughed as Ruth reached to you again. You took her as someone else called the newly wedded couple over.

"We have to get to the reception hall, babe," You looked up at Grayson. "Do you want to leave Ruth with my mom?" You shrugged and looked down at her. You put Ruth down and she clumsily walked over to Grayson. She reached up for his hand. You smiled.

"I think she's going to fall asleep," You said, noticing her rubbing at her eyes. "We'll just take her." You said. Grayson bent down to lift her up and she let her head fall on his shoulder. He tapped Ethan on the shoulder and let him know we were leaving.

You hugged Ethan bye and you made your way out to Grayson's car. This time, Grayson put Ruth into her car seat with no trouble at all and made his way over to the driver's seat. By the time he pulled out of the parking lot, Ruth was fast asleep.

"She's cute," He said. You looked up at him and intertwined your fingers with his. "I think she gets it from you," Grayson said. You laughed.

"Then I guess she gets the annoyingness from you," You said. He rolled his eyes.

"That's not even a word." He said a smile on his face. He squeezed your hand, as he drove with one hand.

"You love me," You said as he pulled onto the highway, this time actually needing it. He nodded as he lifted your hand to kiss it.

"No shit, I married you."