sick//g.d

(y/n pov)

"They're at the mall," You said, holding up your phone for Grayson to see. He leaned down from folding the laundry and smiled. You pulled your phone back, closing your friend's story.

"Why don't you go?" He asked. You raised your eyebrows and smiled. You pointed at the 3-year-old sleeping on the bed next to you. "I can take care of her," He suggested. You smiled and shook your head.

"It's okay, baby, really," You said, stretching your arms. Grayson shook his head.

"No you deserve to have some fun, babe, I can take care of her, it's okay," He said. You smiled. "Text them that you're coming and go get ready," He said. You sighed.

"Are you sure, she's still sick," You said, looking down at Riley. He nodded and smiled. You smiled back, standing up. "Okay, I'll shower then?" You said. He nodded and pecked you on the lips.

You showered quickly after texting your friend and got dressed. And by the time you were out of the bathroom, Riley was up and helping her daddy fold the laundry. You smiled. "Mama!" She said. You smiled, walking better.

"Feeling better?" You asked. She nodded but still let out a cough. You pouted and kissed her on the head. "I'm going to get going," You told Grayson. He nodded, kissing you on the lips.

"Medicine at 2?" He asked you as you grabbed your purse. You nodded and smiled. "We'll be fine, you go," He said. You sighed and nodded.

"Don't give daddy a hard time, okay?" You asked Riley. She nodded sat back on the bed. You kissed Grayson one last time before waving at them.

"Have fun, gorgeous," He said as you walked out the bedroom door.

-----

(gray's pov)

"Oh no," I said as Riley knocked over the pile of her brother's clothes. She looked up at me and giggled. "You knocked over Liam's clothes, princess," I said, picking them up.

"Oopsie," she said with another giggle. I smiled, shaking my head. "Liam's close," She repeated, picking up a pair of her brother's shorts. I nodded, taking them from her to fold again.

"That's right," I said, folding them up. She giggled and walked over to my pillow on the far end of the bed. She sat down and coughed. "Awe, is someone tired?" I asked. She nodded, lying back. I smiled as she closed her eyes for a moment.

Riley sat back up just as I finished folding all the clothes and grinned at me. "Daddy read book?" She asked. I smiled, checking the time.

"Let's get you some medicine, and then daddy'll read you a book," I said, spreading my arms. She grinned and walked into me slowly. "Let's go," I said, picking her up.

Riley rested her head on my shoulder as we walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I opened the medicine cabinet for the Tylenol and her syringe. "Yucky," She said quietly as I sat her on the counter. I smiled.

"But you gotta get all better," I said, pulling the syringe open and taking in some medicine. I brought it to her mouth and she frowned. "C'mon cutie, we've gotta drink it," I said. She sighed, making me chuckle as she opened her mouth.

She swallowed the medicine and frowned as I put the syringe in the sink. She raised her arms as I put the Tylenol bottle away and picked her up. "Book?" She asked. I nodded, carrying her to her playroom, soon to be her room once she stops sleeping with me and y/n.

"Which one?" I asked, pointing to the array of books that were on display on the shelf that I'd built for her. She looked at them all and looked back at me. "Hm?"