boyfriend//e.d

(y/n pov)

"Dinner's ready!" You heard your 15-year-old yell. Giving Ethan a smile, you got out of bed and sat on the edge. "Guys!" Ethan chuckled.

"What's she doing?" He asked you, standing from his desk. You shrugged and made your way downstairs, Ethan right behind you. You made your way down to see the dining table set and filled with food. "Wow, Jazz." He said to your daughter. She beamed.

Ethan pulled out a chair for you and you sat down laughing. Your son came running down the stairs from his room. It was a Sunday night, and your eldest daughter, Jasmine, had offered to make dinner.

Ethan sat down as everyone sat down at the table. You all piled food onto your plates and wowed over Jasmine's cooking skills. "Damn, Jazz, this actually tastes good," Matt said. Jasmine rolled her eyes at her younger brother and smiled.

"So what's the occasion, honey?" You asked, taking another bite. She swallowed slowly and looked up, setting her fork down.

"Well, I have something to tell you guys," She said. Ethan looked up from his food and looked at you. You shrugged, shaking your head. "Don't get mad," She started. You raised your eyebrows.

"You're pregnant," Ethan said. Your eyes widened as Jasmine laughed. "Great," Ethan said. She shook her head.

"I'm not pregnant, dad." She said. Ethan took a bite of his food as you sipped on some water. "I have a boyfriend." She said. You choked on your water as Ethan stopped chewing. Matt looked at Jasmine and his jaw dropped.

"You what?" You asked, wiping at your mouth with a napkin. "How long has this been happening for?" You asked. She sighed, not looking up from her plate.

"Like, a month now," She looked up to see Ethan staring at her. You took his hand under the table and held it in yours. "I really like him." She said.

"Jazz," You started. She sighed and played with her food.

"I'm fifteen." She said. Ethan looked up at her.

"You're only fifteen." He said. "Do you really need a boyfriend right now?" She shrugged.

"All my friends have boyfriends," She said. Ethan opened his mouth to respond, but she spoke again. "You had a girlfriend when you were my age." Ethan shook his head.

"I did not." He said. You bit back a smile as he shoved food into his mouth.

"It's all over the internet dad," Jasmine said. Ethan looked at you and you shrugged.

"Jasmine." He said, sighing

"I really like him, dad," She said. "And I think he likes me too," She said softly.

"But-" You cut Ethan off.

"When do we get to meet him?" You asked. Jasmine smiled as her eyes lit up. Ethan looked over at you.

"So you're okay with it?" She asked looking at you. You nodded, squeezing Ethan's hand under the table. "We can invite him for dinner this week?" She asked. You nodded.

"Of course, pick a day." You said. She nodded excitedly and smiled.

"Well, we could do Wednesday or Thursday because he has soccer on Monday and Friday and then football on Tuesday." You nodded and smiled. "I love you guys," She said finishing her food.

"I love you too," Ethan said.

---

"She's fifteen," Ethan said to you. You sighed, pulling your hair out of its ponytail. "What's the rush?" He asked. You sighed and made your way into bed with him.

"There's no rush. She just wants to feel loved, E," You said. "She likes him, baby," You said.

"We love her, don't we make her feel loved?" He asked. You leaned a head on his shoulder.

"It's different, Ethan." You said. He sighed and wrapped his arms around your waist. "She looks happy, let her be." You whispered.

"But that's the thing," He said. You looked up to meet his eye. "I don't want her getting hurt." He whispered. You smiled.

"She's smart, I don't think she'll let him hurt her." You said. "We're going to meet him, she's going to be okay." He nodded and rested his cheek on your head.

"I hope she picked the right one," He said. "Out of all of them, I hope he's the good guy." You looked up confused.

"Out of all of who?" You asked. He raised his eyebrows.

"All the guys who like her?" You let out a soft laugh. "What she looks just like you, boys are going to be running after her." He said. You smiled and sighed.

"I'm sure he's a good guy." You said. You layed in silence for a few moments.

"I don't want her to grow up," He said. You smiled. "I want her to be my princess forever."

"She's going to grow, Ethan." He sighed. "That's how it works."

"I know."