ceo//e.d

(y/n pov)

You waddled around the living room, trying to get comfortable as Ethan groaned and leaned back into the couch. You sighed, walking over. "What's wrong?" You asked, putting a hand on his shoulder He frowned and looked up at you from his laptop.

"None of these files are opening," He grumbled, closing the document and trying to open it again. You sighed, leaning over slightly.

Your fingers grazed the keys as you opened the file for him. He sighed and looked up at you. "You have so many open, you're going to crash the computer, baby," You said, planting a kiss on his head. He sighed.

"I have so much to do," He sighed, clicking at his computer. "Double the work these past couple of months," He said, looking at your large stomach. You put a hand over it and smiled at him.

"She could come out any day now," You told him. He smiled and nodded. "Just a couple of months, baby, then I'll be back," You told him.

You and Ethan owned a huge company, together. But when you'd become pregnant, you were on maternity leave, just the last few months. Of course, Ethan didn't want to overwork you, but things were getting tough.

"I can't wait," He said, stretching out his arm. You waddled over to the couch and sat next to him, leaning into his side. He pushed his computer away and put both hands onto your stomach. "Oh my god, I love you."

---

You watched Grayson strap your 8-month-old baby into her car seat and smiled. You climbed into the back next to her and Grayson went to the driver's seat. "You guys ready?" He asked. You nodded, smiling at him through the mirror.

You were ready to go back to work a few weeks ago, but Ethan had refused to have you back. He wanted you to stay at home and be comfortable, taking care of Aspen with the help of Lisa. But you were fully ready to come back- with Aspen.

You were going to surprise Ethan. You knew he had a few meetings today and was already stressed. You were taking Aspen with you to the building, to surprise him and calm him down. He loved his daughter more than life itself, and he was always kept his shit together around her.

You waited up in Ethan's office, Aspen crawling around on his desk. He was at an early morning meeting, and you knew he'd come up back up to his office before his next one. You waited patiently until the door opened.

Ethan walked in head down, hands running through his hair. But when he looked up, there you were, smiling up at him, sitting in his chair. He smiled and walked over. Aspen grinned up at him. Ethan's favorite pen in her mouth. You smiled as he picked her up.

"Whatcha doing here, princess?" He asked. She just giggled and waved his pen around. You smiled as he kissed her on the cheek and turned to you. "What'd you come here for?" He asked.Y ou smiled, leaning back into his chair.

"I'm ready to come back, babe, really am," You told him. He smiled. "And Aspen can come too, for another couple of years, right?" You asked. Ethan's eyes lit up at the thought of bringing his daughter to work every day.

"Are you sure?" He asked. You nodded. "But you just gave birth, and-" You cut him off.

"I gave birth almost 9 months ago, Ethan," You told him. He sighed and nodded. "I own this company too, I can come back without your permission," You said, standing up. He smiled and shook his head.

"But we're also married and you're my wife," He told you. You laughed and pecked him on the lips, taking Aspen from him. "She stays in my office," He told you. You raised your eyebrows and smiled.