Chapter 18- The surprises of graduation

Start from the beginning

I definitely didn't think that was fair at all, but oh well, I didn't want to argue. If I did, I could be in worse trouble then I am now.

" Hey babe!" I said wrapping my arms around Jades waist. 

" Hey there sweaty" Jade chimed as she wrapped her arms around me, and popped her cowboy boot in the air as she kissed me on the cheek. " How was your day?"

 " Horrible, I have to do a five page essay on focusing by tomorrow morning, or I don't graduate."

" Are you serious!" She asked exasperating as she put her hand on her chest. Jade sure did exaggerate a whole bunch, but oh well, it's cute.

" yes I'm serious, so I'm afraid that means you can't stay over for to long today."

" Pooh!" Jade whined.

 " I know babe, just common." I said as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and began to walk out towards my truck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  When we got to my house, I helped Jade out of the truck. We went up stairs and talked about graduation some, and what we should wear under our robes, and if we were going to throw our hats or not. We pretty much talked about pidly stuff like that, then we got in a bout fifteen minutes of kissing, before I had to take Jade home so I could start working on this monsterous essay.

At one a.m. in the freaking morning I finally finished my " focus" report. By an hour in I had gotten sick and tired of the word focus, that it made me sick that I couldn't even sleep the rest of the night, also due to aching fingers.

So as I lay there and think for the remaining five hours of the night, many things came to my mind. Such as what's going to happen after graduation, how college will be, if I will ever see any of my friends again, and most important what is going to happen between Jade and me.

Then, and I must admit, I started to tear up thinking about everythig that went on this year in mine, Jades, my friends lives. 

From me dating Leelee, to meeting the love of my life Jade, to losing Jason and Leeelee, to Jade falling off of her horse adn everyone thinking she wasn't going to make it, to Jason and Leelee dating, Lance being my friend again, and us becoming closer, to the first day Scarlett came when she tried to hit on me all the time, that made me lay in bed and and laugh. 

Then sadly to prom, where we lost Leelee and Jason in that horrible car crash that killed them and greatly injured Kyle. Now up to recently where I found out about Scarlett's abusive father to her leaving for rehab back in California. 

So many things have happened this year, and most of them tragic. Which also got me thinking very hard. All of this death, abuse, and being afraid your going to lose the love of your life, made me realize how cruel and crazy this world is, and now you see all that has happened with us all barely exposed to it, but I lay there and think, what's going to happen after graduation?

That also made me think, I can not afford to lose Jade. I have to be there for her every day just like when she was in the hospital. I knew what I had to do, and I would do it tomorrow after school after I drop Jade off at her house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 FRIDAY GRADUATION:  I helped Jade out at school one last time, this time at 5:30 p.m. and in a cap and gown. Graduation had finally arrived, I held Jades hand as I walked her onto the field in her bright pink stilettos she hid under her cap and gown hidden by a hot pink mini dress. 

 We walked unto on the football field where I had played football for all of my four years of high school and took Jade to her seat, which was done alphabetically, then went to sit in mine. 

 They made everyone do a practice walk to make sure we all had it right, then the principle Mr. Macontosh gave a speech about how proud he was about our graduating 2012 class and how in a few short minutes it would be our time to shine. 

 The time hit seven o'clock, and Mr. Macontosh said a prayer, then our graduation ceremony began.

I watched as the people I had known, some sense kindergarten some sense only this year, as they walked up to get their diploma. One by one, first came Lance, then I sat back and heard Scarlett;s name called as I got a huge smile on my face, watching her go up to get her diploma.

Next I heard my name, as my heart skipped a beat, I stood up in my cap and gown, with my pink dress shirt to match Jades dress underneath, and I walked up to get my diploma.

" Drew Tatum, congratulations." The principle said as he shook my hand, and I walked off of the podium back down to my seat.

We all sat in silence as the graduation closed, and we heard the principle say.

 " Congratulations class of 2012, you are officially graduated!" Cheers and tears came from the crowd, as we all threw our caps up in the air to celebrate this major milestone in life.

Now I had a bigger one to attend too.

I made my way over to Jade, before the crowds of proud parents and family members, including ours came down.

" Congratulations baby!" I shouted as I spun jade around in the air.

" Congradulations to you too baby!" She sang as she kissed me on the lips.

by then both of our parents had arrived. 

" Everyone before you congratulate us, I need to do something." I said looking at mine and Jade's mom." 

I nuzzled the small box in the pocket of my pants to make sure it was still there, and before I pulled it out I looked over to the side to see Lance with his arm around Scarlett putting his thumbs up in approval to what I was about to do. He was the only one who knew, and by the look that just came over Scarlett's face I assume she knows now too.

I looked at Jade in the eye and smiled, as I pulled out the tiny, velvet, box from my pants pocket proceeding to bend down on one knee.

" Jade, I love you with all of my heart, and I want to be here with you forever to protect you and love you. Will you marry me?"

" YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She squealed as she put her arms around my neck. From that point, I knew everything was going to be OK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY EVERYONE(: THAT WAS THE FINAL AND LAST CHAPTER OF " A DIFFERENT TYPE OF LOVE STORY." I REALLY ENJOYED WRITTING THIS BOOK AND SPENT A LOT OF MY TIME INTO IT! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT, AND ALWAYS I WOULD LOVE AND REALLY WANNA HEAR YOUR COMMENTS(: THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH <3 EULOGY ADN AUTHORS NOTE IS NEXT <3 by the way the picture to the side is JADES ENGAGEMENT RING!(:

I HOPE YALL LOVED THE ENDING(;