forever family//e.d

TRIGGER WARNING: child abuse :(

(third person pov)

"Brynn, this is y/n and Ethan," Her social worker introduced. Ethan waved and smiled at her. Brynn hid behind Susan. "Brynn, they're your foster parents for the next bit," Susan said. Brynn looked up at them, still smiling at her.

"Wanna come see your room?" Ethan asked. Brynn panicked, holding onto Susan's pant leg. Susan sighed.

"I'm going to go, okay, I'll see you in a few weeks," Susan told her. Brynn watched Susan turn and leave the house, and then she turned to see Ethan and y/n still watching her.

"Hey Brynn," Ethan tried again. She looked up at him. "Here let me get your-" Ethan went to grab the little girl's bag, only for her to hold onto it tighter.

"If you want to carry it, you can," Y/N said with a smile. "C'mon, you had dinner right?" Y/N asked.

Brynn didn't respond.

"Okay we'll head to bed okay?" Ethan asked. Brynn looked up at him. He headed towards the stairs and y/n smiled at Brynn. Brynn cautiously followed them up the stairs. "Here ya go," Ethan said, opening the door of Brynn's new room.

Brynn peaked inside. It was pretty. Much better than her last one. "You like it?" Y/N asked. Brynn walked in, walking past y/n and Ethan and into the room. She looked around and pointed at the bed. "Mhmm, that's yours," Y/N said with a smile. Brynn tried to lug her bag onto it. Ethan smiled.

"Here," Ethan said, stepping into help. He helped Brynn pull her bag up. She watched him as he zipped it open for her. "Want me to help you up?" He asked with a smile. Brynn froze.

She clawed her way up the sheets and pushed herself up onto the bed and Ethan smiled at her. "You've got pajamas?" Y/N asked/ Brynn nodded slowly and Ethan grinned at her.

"We'll let you get to it, then," He said walking towards y/n. Brynn watched them close the door and leave the room.

She looked around. The room was big. They seemed nice. But she was still scared. What if they hurt her? She pulled out her jammies, they were a little ripped but they were her favourites. She pulled them on, folding her old clothes as neat as she could, wondering if she could wash them.

She debated going to check if she had anything to do, but decided to just crawl into bed. She left her bag at the edge of the bed where Ethan had pulled it up and she squeezed her little stuffed bunny as she tried to sleep. She looked out the window by her bed and sighed, wondering when she would just get to go back home.

Meanwhile, Ethan and y/n were getting ready for bed themselves. When they'd found out they probably wouldn't be able have children together, they looked into adoption and foster care. Foster care stood out to the pair and since then, they've been taking care of children that didn't have proper homes.

"E?" Y/N asked as she put her hair up. Ethan looked over from the mirror and raised his eyebrows. "Do you wanna go check on her?" She asked. Ethan rubbed the rest of his moisturizer in his face and nodded.

"I'll be back," He said with a smile before walking out of the room and sighing as he walked down the hall. "Brynn?" He asked, knocking on the door. When he didn't get a response, Ethan opened the door slowly.

Brynn jumped and turned, back pressed to the wall below the window she was looking through. Ethan's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to hide behind the curtain. "Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you," He said, walking in, leaving the door open. Brynn shook as he neared her. "There's no need to be scared angel, I'm not gonna hurt you," He soothed.